Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Good thinking, Neal...but I really doubt if the thieves know what type of tortoise they stole.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I'm quite sure they don't either...but this ad is a little disturbing. If it was someone trying to help me out, why didn't they tell me about it? That's all I'm trying to figure out. If it was someone trying to get my tortoises before I did, they wouldn't respond to this or anything from me anyway...I have sent an email request to them though, if I don't get anything back from them I may flag this ad...it's just too coincidental.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I wish I was more familiar with craigslist, I would have caught this sooner. According to what I see, the ad was posted at 5:56pm AZ time on 11/15, at that point TFO and my local pet shops were the only ones with info about my stolen tortoises.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Hmmm. The timing of this does seem coincidental. I do think it would be pretty easy for the thieves to find out what type of tortoises yours are. With the internet, anyone can find out anything pretty easily.

Heck, if anyone Googles anything "tortoise" the forum posts come up. They might even be surfing this site.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Just to give you some peace of mind..I see ads like that on craiglist all the time..usually back yard animal brokers looking to score an animal on the cheap to resell on an order..

CGKeith

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arizona
Neal, I saw this as well. Really made me wonder. I even thought maybe it was you seeing if the thief would take the bait. :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
...or a member here acting on their own...it would have been smarter not to combine the two sp if that's the case!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I made contact with the person who created the ad, everything is good.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Nothing and almost at the week mark. There wasn't much of a chance to begin with I don't think, but all I can hope for now is that whoever has them is at the very least keeping them warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.