Is this the right Arcadia light?

maisiejb

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hello! I know I have asked previous questions about lights but I just really want to make sure I have the right one. I have read a ton of the care sheets and I have read that the Arcadia lights are very nice. Would this be the right one for a Western Hermanns tortoise? He will be a hatchling when I receive him; would this light be good for any age?
Thank you!

Attachments

• 18B02352-89B9-4B07-B73E-2262C2EFF619.jpeg
    18B02352-89B9-4B07-B73E-2262C2EFF619.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 18

S2G

AL
Yep that's the kind I have

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello! I know I have asked previous questions about lights but I just really want to make sure I have the right one. I have read a ton of the care sheets and I have read that the Arcadia lights are very nice. Would this be the right one for a Western Hermanns tortoise? He will be a hatchling when I receive him; would this light be good for any age?
Thank you!
Yes. That is the right one, and its good for any age.

You will need a Solarmeter 6.5, or 6.5R, to set the height correctly. I recommend you only run it 2-3 hours mid day, and only on weeks when the tortoise can't get any outside tie due to weather.

maisiejb

Michigan
Yes. That is the right one, and its good for any age.

You will need a Solarmeter 6.5, or 6.5R, to set the height correctly. I recommend you only run it 2-3 hours mid day, and only on weeks when the tortoise can't get any outside tie due to weather.
Perfect, I live in Michigan so I am only planning on using it in the winter. When I get a solar meter, what would I want it to read? Thanks!