Is this shepherds purse?

Location (City and/or State)
northern ireland
Is this shepherds purse? I used the google plant identification and it says it is but I know it’s not always right and I don’t wanna risk it, I’m absolutely horrible at identifying plants so I’m asking here ? it’s just a piece of it as I’ve already cut all the leaves and washed it. I also think it could be dandelion leaves but I don’t know because here in the uk we haven’t had any dandelions bloom yet, so It could be the start of a dandelion as when I picked it up it did look similar to the dandelion plantimage.jpg

Last edited:

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Is this shepherds purse? I used the google plant identification and it says it is but I know it’s not always right and I don’t wanna risk it, I’m absolutely horrible at identifying plants so I’m asking here ? it’s just a piece of it as I’ve already cut all the leaves and washed it. I also think it could be dandelion leaves but I don’t know because here in the uk we haven’t had any dandelions bloom yet, so It could be the start of a dandelion as when I picked it up it did look similar to the dandelion plantView attachment 319287
Hint if you go out for a walk on a sunny day even in winter you will see the yellow flowers in abundance in a weedy area. I am in the UK and have managed to get dandelions throughout winter. Hope you find them.

northern ireland
Hint if you go out for a walk on a sunny day even in winter you will see the yellow flowers in abundance in a weedy area. I am in the UK and have managed to get dandelions throughout winter. Hope you find them.
Really?? I go for walks a lot and I always keep an eye out, I never find any though

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Don't feel bad...I'm horrible at ID'ing too. I can look at a picture and then a weed and I still have no idea if they're the same. They all look alike to me. Well, I can usually tell dandelion or mustard, but that's it. ?

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK

Attachments

• IMG_20210226_150125_8.jpg
    IMG_20210226_150125_8.jpg
    886.3 KB · Views: 10