Is this Safe Rexius Orchid Bark

Peppino

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
MIssissauga ontario
Good Morning. Is this Safe Rexius Orchid Bark for a Star Tortoise or Not? This is the description on a Canadian site " In 2 cubic foot bags. This is the real thing, Rexius Orchid Bark, this is NOT Decorative or Landscape Bark. It has been baked to remove weed seeds and fungal spores. A blend of Douglas Fir and Sequoia. Available in medium or large grades". We know that Douglas Fir is Safe but the Sequoia??
Thanks once again for your time.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's a good question. I want to say it will be ok, but I really don't know. Since it has been baked, I THINK if there were aromatic oils they will have been baked out, and it's the aromatic oils in pine and cedar that you don't want in your enclosure.

Peppino

5 Year Member
MIssissauga ontario
Sorry I placed the Question here Now, I need to know answer Soon. Please all you expert please do help?
Is this Safe Rexius Orchid Bark for a Star Tortoise or Not? This is the description on a Canadian site " In 2 cubic foot bags. This is the real thing, Rexius Orchid Bark, this is NOT Decorative or Landscape Bark. It has been baked to remove weed seeds and fungal spores. A blend of Douglas Fir and Sequoia. Available in medium or large grades".
We know that Douglas Fir is Safe but what about the Sequoia addition.
Thanks once again for your time and for the previous replies.