Is this poo healthy?

ShadowyPaper

Location (City and/or State)
Yorkshire, United Kingdom.
I'm a bit concerned that my tort has unhealthy poo.

I feed it fresh greens everyday, dandelions, lemon balm, red sorrel and green sorrel, and callisia repens.

I also have some ZooMed grassland tortoise food, and komodo tortoise diet, but I try to only feed dried food about once a week.

I'm thinking maybe I'm overfeeding my western Herman tortoise, as its poo is sloppy, very wet, very regular.

Other than that she seems really active and healthy, so I'm hoping for some advice on feeding and poo

Apologies in advance for the photo, I know no one really wants to see that

Attachments

• IMG_20200523_085311.jpg
    IMG_20200523_085311.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 29

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Many tortoises that are well hydrated will make a poop like this. It holds it's shape, and overnight becomes a more dry solid mass. It's okay it is does not look like a rock hard black turd, as long as it does not look like a liquified mess. What did it look like a few hours later? Did it 'collapse' or keeps it shape and just dried out?

ShadowyPaper

Yorkshire, United Kingdom.
Many tortoises that are well hydrated will make a poop like this. It holds it's shape, and overnight becomes a more dry solid mass. It's okay it is does not look like a rock hard black turd, as long as it does not look like a liquified mess. What did it look like a few hours later? Did it 'collapse' or keeps it shape and just dried out?
This is good to know, the poop does hold its shape and dry out to a similar shape, as opposed to a liquefied diarrhea sort of mess. The tort has constant supply to fresh water and a bath every couple of days, so I'm happy that she's well hydrated.

That's one conversation I never thought I'd have! Thanks for the reply