Is this Plantain weed?

akina

Location (City and/or State)
nicasio california
Hi! my tortoise found a couple of these leaves in the garden and ate them. I got worried, and took them away. After some research I thought they might be plantain weed but they don't look exactly like the pictures. There are no seed heads of the plant now, so hear a picture of the leaves. Sorry for the bad photo quality, I had to take the picture on my computer. For a description, the leaves are growing in bunches like pictures of plantain weed, and the veins on the leaf look like this "/"

Attachments

• 7B96AE00-AC9F-4119-8CEB-30916F799AB6.jpeg
    7B96AE00-AC9F-4119-8CEB-30916F799AB6.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 19

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I cant really see the pic to well. But an easy way to identify is the veins of the leaf will run straigh up and down like this
1F708DFD-1941-4423-B1F7-0CD52C4FCEF1.jpeg

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
You need to upload a good picture we can see. From what I see, it does not look like plantain. As @Chubbs the tegu said above as I was typing, the veins in the leaves of plantain all start at the base of the leaf. None will branch out from the center vein.

akina

nicasio california
You need to upload a good picture we can see. From what I see, it does not look like plantain. As @Chubbs the tegu said above as I was typing, the veins in the leaves of plantain all start at the base of the leaf. None will branch out from the center vein.
ok. I'll get a better pic. Any idea what it is from the shape?