Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayti

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ashland, Oregon
Edward displays his man parts at least once a day now. And yesterday in the bath I think he ejaculated- it looked like urates, but clearer and slimier.

Today, I just saw him obviously straining, so much so that his eyes swelled and puffed up. He was pulling his head inside his shell as if trying to force something out the other end. Obviously it freaked me out, I just put him in a warm bath and his eyes went back to normal instantly but he's still straining. His penis was out when I picked him up, but he's sucked it back in now.
I think he is constipated- I haven't seen any poop in 3 days. Should I give him some mineral oil?
Does this have anything to do with how over-stimulated he seems? Or do teenage boys just do this?

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I had the same experience with Aladar...when he was in the pool (during the scrubbing phase), he urinated liquid only...no solids...pretty much the same consistency as nonfat milk only more transparent...I attribute it to the fact that he's taking in more water now...anybody else wanna chide in?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I would feed a bit of canned pumpkin (pure pumpkin, NOT pie filling) if you are worried about constipation.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yvonne once recommended aloe for constipation too. My sucatas breed the female every day, several times a day, but I've haven't seen what you are describing.

S

stells

Once they find it... they will flash aot...

The straining could be constipation but it is a possibility that he could have a stone..

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Oh it's quite possible he ejaculated. :D They will do this sometimes after they figure out they have a penis. :p Sometimes they will strain while doing this, or like has been mentioned it could be a stone or could be constipated like you think. It can't hurt to give a mineral oil enema.

Danny

Kayti

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ashland, Oregon
A little while after I posted this, Edward pooped his his bath- it was constipated poop, but at least it was poop. I think this might be just another example of how paranoid I am lately.

But I'm glad that his extreme horniness is normal! :rolleyes: He's just a huge fan of his penis, I guess.
Ah the joys of tortoises...

Status
Not open for further replies.