Is this mouth rot?

Milkduds

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hi i have just got a tortoise and I’m not quite sure how old he/she is But I’ve been worried about his mouth it looks to be kinda stain green and looks really weird I was wondering if any of you guys could help clarify and tell me what to do if it is mouth rot??

0800CF5C-031A-4B7B-AAF7-8C35ADC0D013.jpeg

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
It could just be grass stain.I had a water turtle with mouth rot, it was extremely awful, with a fluffy white mossy looking stuff. I took a qtip and tried to catch some of the white stuff. Skin came off with the white stuff. And there was a foul odor coming from his mouth as well

Milkduds

Michigan
Hi i have just got a tortoise and I’m not quite sure how old he/she is But I’ve been worried about his mouth it looks to be kinda stain green and looks really weird I was wondering if any of you guys could help clarify and tell me what to do if it is mouth rot??

View attachment 306340
[/QUOTE
It could just be grass stain.I had a water turtle with mouth rot, it was extremely awful, with a fluffy white mossy looking stuff. I took a qtip and tried to catch some of the white stuff. Skin came off with the white stuff. And there was a foul odor coming from his mouth as well
thanks that makes me feel a lot better!!