Is this healthy

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
Most store bought Russians are wild caught. Can you include photos of your enclosure and what are you using for heat and light? What are your temps

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The poop looks ok to me, and if the tortoise is new to you, then the runny nose is just a symptom of stress, not illness. Just wait until it settles in to its new environment before you start to worry. Please read our pinned threads shown at the top of our Russian tortoise section, and make sure you have the animal set up like it should be.

Jtglack

Colorado Springs
I apologise if this grosses anyone out but I am still new to tortoises, but is this poop healthy or not and should I be concerned.
I also should say her nose looks runny like she has a cold. Also some people said she was a wild caught tort. How can you tell if she is wild caught.

Jtglack

Colorado Springs
Most store bought Russians are wild caught. Can you include photos of your enclosure and what are you using for heat and light? What are your temps
My temps are like 90-100 but heating and 70s in the day int he corner and goes to like mid 60s during night

Attachments

• 0116201854_HDR.jpg
    0116201854_HDR.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 26

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
She needs a bigger water dish. A clay saucer works best. One she can fit into and deep enough it comes up to just pass where the top and bottom shell meet.
She also needs a minimum of 4x8 foot enclosure.