Is this a male marginated.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
LMBO! I can always read the posts before the pictures load so I was fully expecting to see front and back of tortoise... I DID NOT EXPECT to be flashed with the tortoise penis by the question.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Your tortoise is way too young to be 'flashing' so this means there's something wrong, not just the normal coming-of-age thing. Maybe he has parasites, or is constipated, or he has a big stone inside, or is impacted in some way. Keep him sitting in water so the penis doesn't dry out. Put the bowl back inside his enclosure so it stays warm. Leave him warm and quiet and maybe it will go back inside. If it doesn't, make a paste of sugar and water ('paste' means very little water and a whole lot of sugar. Fashion some sort of diaper or bandage with the sugar paste covering the penis and tape the bandage/diaper to the tortoise.

If both these things fail. you'll need to take the tortoise to the vet. Bear in mind, he may need to have his penis surgically removed.

And if you are lucky enough to get it to go back inside, you're still not home free. You need to find out why this happened in the first place, or it will keep happening.

Nrc470

5 Year Member
Virginia
Your tortoise is way too young to be 'flashing' so this means there's something wrong, not just the normal coming-of-age thing. Maybe he has parasites, or is constipated, or he has a big stone inside, or is impacted in some way. Keep him sitting in water so the penis doesn't dry out. Put the bowl back inside his enclosure so it stays warm. Leave him warm and quiet and maybe it will go back inside. If it doesn't, make a paste of sugar and water ('paste' means very little water and a whole lot of sugar. Fashion some sort of diaper or bandage with the sugar paste covering the penis and tape the bandage/diaper to the tortoise.

If both these things fail. you'll need to take the tortoise to the vet. Bear in mind, he may need to have his penis surgically removed.

And if you are lucky enough to get it to go back inside, you're still not home free. You need to find out why this happened in the first place, or it will keep happening.
He is 3 so don't know if this is normal

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
What kindoflight areyouusing totake this picture? He looks quite pinkish red on the plastron. Hopefully, that is just the lighting.

Nrc470

5 Year Member
Virginia
He is a little pinkish red. It won't go back in. What could be the cause

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I’m very sorry for laughing at all! I didn’t realize you had a problem. I do hope you get him resolved.

Nrc470

5 Year Member
Virginia
What is sespis can the vet do anything for it

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Do you think it my tort has it
I cannot say for sure, that's why I recommended taking the tortoise to a Vet. I've seen photos of tortoises with lots of pink and red, spreading all over the plastron and carapace. How long has yours had it? Just on the plastron or on the carapace too? Has it been acting and eating normal?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I remember seeing this kind of stuff when I worked with dogs years ago. Yvonne is dead on keep it hydrated and get to a vet. Think of the warning about having an erection more than four hours. Super uncomfortable. Just goes to show what piglets tortures can be with him still eating. Hope he gets better