Is this a healthy Aldabra?

niraj

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
India
I am looking to buy this Aldabra in India (Photograph attached). Hatch date is not known but I have been told that it would be over an year. Length is around 10 inch ( quite longer / bigger ) than what has been suggested by experts here. Aldabras generally grow a quarter inch every month. Going by that standard, this one seems bigger / larger.

Thank you.IMG-20180814-WA0023.jpeg

niraj

5 Year Member
India
I am looking to buy this Aldabra in India (Photograph attached). Hatch date is not known but I have been told that it would be over an year. Length is around 10 inch ( quite longer / bigger ) than what has been suggested by experts here. Aldabras generally grow a quarter inch every month. Going by that standard, this one seems bigger / larger.

Thank you.View attachment 248242

Kindly advise me on whether it looks to be in good health. Thank you

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
Aside from the shell growth, it's very hard to tell from just these two pictures. Is there a way to obtain more? Weight, diet, living situation, etc. might also be good information to know.

Alaskamike

South Florida
Healthy by visual inspection is only one aspect. And pictures are even harder to asses. Are you able to see this one in person first?

How they walk - look for back legs especially , in an H form directly under body.

Eyes - are they clear & open?

Nose - clear with no runny discharge ?

These are a few things I’d look for. And if you can observe in person I’d try & get a fecal sample & pay to have it examined for parasites / worms.

Good luck !