Is this a good baby leopard tortoise enclosure?

eminart

10 Year Member!

I think shower curtains are pretty much a standard size. Any if them should cover your tub (looks like a cement mixing tub, right?) While I disagree that you couldn't make saran wrap work, I definitely think something like a shower curtain would be easier to work with, and maybe even cheaper. Plus, you won't get in trouble for using all of the saran wrap.

Joseph Flores

Location (City and/or State)
MERCEDES, TX
I think shower curtains are pretty much a standard size. Any if them should cover your tub (looks like a cement mixing tub, right?) While I disagree that you couldn't make saran wrap work, I definitely think something like a shower curtain would be easier to work with, and maybe even cheaper. Plus, you won't get in trouble for using all of the saran wrap.
Yes it is a cement mixing tub but I'll see if I can get one curtain today after school and do I seal it around the enclosure and poke holes or something? How would that work?

eminart

10 Year Member!
Yes it is a cement mixing tub but I'll see if I can get one curtain today after school and do I seal it around the enclosure and poke holes or something? How would that work?

I think you need to click on some of the links the others have posted so you can see photos. You'll need to build some kind of frame to hold the plastic. Imagine a greenhouse.

phoenix988

5 Year Member
all you need for this tortoise table is an enclosed night time chamber on one side in the table. and do not let tortoise walk out freely from it at night time either.
place a heater inside the chamber and a thermostat controller to control the temperature, aim to keep the Temp 80 degrees with 80% humidity.
so your tortoise may sleep in the chamber at night and play and eat outside on the table during the day.
just like in the wild, tortoises sleep in the very warm and humid hole in the night and come out looking for food in the day with warm temperature.

PS: I have made a chamber for them, the table as the same as yours too. the chamber size: 18" wide x 12" high x 8" long.

Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Most of the contradicting tortoise care is OUTSIDE of this forum.
Here, although our members are from all over the world keeping tortoises, most of us have come to the same basic conclusions.
This is the latest, most up to date, real world knowledge that is available.
I suggest getting your information right here and disregard most of the other sources.
I sure wish that there was a TORTOISE FORUM. Or even an internet back when I was starting out.
I actually remember someone at a pet shop telling me that Redfoot can get pneumonia from a tiny bowl of water in the enclosure. And that they got all of their water from the food that they ate. Primarily lettuce.