Is the urine color ok?

qiangzhu

Location (City and/or State)
Washington
This is my 2.5-year old Sulcata’s urine. Is the color too dark? He is very active and can eat a lot everyday and poo regularly but my other torts urine (not Sulcata, I only have one Sulcata) color is much lighter. For this pic, he pees with poo so the poo may make the urine color dark but I still feel it is too dark.
For the diet, I offer him zoo med and Mazuri tort food, some vegetables (not much, lettuce, endive, dandelion green to supplement water and vitamin since I never see him drink water), nopal cactus, some unknown grasses(I cannot identify which grasses) from my backyard, some weeds from my backyard(mainly four kinds, nipplewort, clover, sedum and thistle. These four kinds I checked in app and the forum and they look not toxic to the torts). I mixed the food with the tortoise hay bought from tortoise supply https://www.tortoisesupply.com/HerbalHay. They don’t have ingredients posted but they said it is not toxic to tortoise.

Attachments

• D380BFA9-567A-48DA-BB52-D70C4054BE92.jpeg
    D380BFA9-567A-48DA-BB52-D70C4054BE92.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 21

qiangzhu

Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Certain foods can darken the urine . Are u soaking daily?
I soak him daily before he is one year old. After that until now, I soak him 4 days a week (Tue, Thur, Saturday and Sunday). Each time 45 mins to 1 hour.
If it is because of the food, it is fine. I am just worried his kidney has some problem