Is that intestinal worms ?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
They would need to be separated and treated individually. (Treatment in the food)
This way you can make sure that they all get treated and that one or two tortoises don't get too much by eating a lot more food.
They will need about three rounds of treatment, each. From my experience.

Rue

Canada
That is a very heavy parasite load...so it could mean that that particular tortoise also has other health issues as well.

A normal healthy animal - can tolerate a low level of parasites, and you'd likely never even notice them unless you did a fecal examination.

But yes...if they are all housed together...you'd have to treat all of them.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Yes. But there are different percentages( I used 10%)
And you can not just guess how much to dose or for how long.
Also. All worms won't be killed by the same treatment. I used it for round worms. You can not guess the treatment or the dosage or even the type needed by yourself.
The treatments are all different types of poisons. First you need to determine the type of parasite you have and what will treat for them.
Then how much to administer at what weight and size. Then how many treatments and what intervals.
It's all very important.
It's not as simple as it seems. Especially not when you are dealing with 20 tortoises.
Mine had three treatments each. Two days in a row and then another treatment five days later.
This is just an example to show how precise it needs to be.
Over treating or treating with the wrong poison could easily kill the host.

Last edited: