Is she staying hydrated ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLykeTuRtL3z

5 Year Member
So, Im back . . ., I know I know, I have SOO many questions !! Anyways, Im getting worried that my baby isn't staying hydrated. I soak everyday for 10-20 min, sometimes changing the water during soaking to keep the water warm. I used to see her drink, and I haven't for a while. She has also been dumping BIG amounts of what look like urates during soaks . .. or it might just be excess calcium passing. Anyways, I have increase humidity because im starting to freak out.

What do you all think ?? I feed her spring mix and baby sprouted grass, that I soak in water before I give it to her, and also soaked mazuri .. . .

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
She sounds nicely hydrated. I soak mine every day. I only see him drink about two times a week. But I do have a water dish in his enclosure, you do have a water dish in his enclosure correct? If not add one, otherwise it sounds good.:D

iLykeTuRtL3z

5 Year Member
yes, I have a water dish in the enclosure

Im so paranoid ever since I found out I was doing so many things wrong

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Believe me, you are not the only one to have found that out. Most of us probably started out wrong. That's why I love this forum. I too asked a lot of questions on here. I also apologized for it. Guess what, these people on here are so nice, no apologies are needed. So don't hesitate to ask, everyone is here to help and learn. Enjoy your little one:D I sure am enjoying mine:D

wellington said:
Believe me, you are not the only one to have found that out. Most of us probably started out wrong. That's why I love this forum. I too asked a lot of questions on here. I also apologized for it. Guess what, these people on here are so nice, no apologies are needed. So don't hesitate to ask, everyone is here to help and learn. Enjoy your little one:D I sure am enjoying mine:D

Oops, don't no what happened, it posted twice:p

Status
Not open for further replies.