michelle1986

Location (City and/or State)
West Sussex U.K.
So Rosie is well settled in (a full week tomorrow)
I have began to notice that I’m putting out a good mix of the recommended foods each day. Some days she scoffs the lot instantly other days she might just have one or two bites.

but what I have noticed is she’s rummaging through her salad and eating the same bits each time, a red leaf lettuce & the flowers.
tonight I took out the red leaf lettuce to try and encourage her to eat some greens, she poked her nose through it all, nibbled the flowers and went back to bed.

so is she fussy? Is this something I should worry about? If it is how can I encourage her to eat her greens?

picture of her climbing on her rock and looking at me in disgust because she actually seems to do that already ?
God it’s like having a 3 year old again ?

Attachments

• 6A83E8B4-EFB9-42AF-AEBB-E289F8E8434A.jpeg
    6A83E8B4-EFB9-42AF-AEBB-E289F8E8434A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 15

zovick

10 Year Member!
So Rosie is well settled in (a full week tomorrow)
I have began to notice that I’m putting out a good mix of the recommended foods each day. Some days she scoffs the lot instantly other days she might just have one or two bites.

but what I have noticed is she’s rummaging through her salad and eating the same bits each time, a red leaf lettuce & the flowers.
tonight I took out the red leaf lettuce to try and encourage her to eat some greens, she poked her nose through it all, nibbled the flowers and went back to bed.

so is she fussy? Is this something I should worry about? If it is how can I encourage her to eat her greens?

picture of her climbing on her rock and looking at me in disgust because she actually seems to do that already ?
God it’s like having a 3 year old again ?
When your tortoise gets hungry enough, it will eat more of what you give it without being as picky. It just isn't all that hungry at those times when it picks through the foods and only eats its absolute favorite items.