Is my tortoise sick?

hyj1752

Location (City and/or State)
Seoul
My tortoise keeps on making these weird grunting/whistling noises that I can only describe as a super short exhale. He is eating and pooping normally, is active, doesn't have nasal discharge nor is his nose blocked (from what I can see from 10cm away from his face). He only seems to make this noise when I soak him, because I haven't heard him do it otherwise.

Is he scared? How do I get him to be less scared of water? Is he sick? Does he have a respiratory infection? Should I take him to the vet?

Please let me know your thoughts!

Info
Hermann Tortoise roughly 10~12 months old (not sure date of birth)
Every other day soak temp 35 degrees (C)
Enclosure temps (34 bask, 32 hot side, 28 cool side after 7pm uvb lights off, 24-26 temps maintained)
Indoor enclosure because 1) heat is easier to maintain 2) humidity is easier to maintain 3) air pollution is wretched

hyj1752

Seoul
Is he making the sound when he pulls into his shell?
No - when he’s either being picked up (gently, I’ve done this to remove him from the enclosure since I had him) to be placed in the bath, or sometimes during the bath. :(

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's a normal thing you are hearing.
Your temps though need some adjusting. I would raise the basking to get it between 95-100F and the cool side should go down into the mid 70'sF
Even into 60'sF at night.