Is my tortoise ok?

Kyle gempler

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hi, today when I went out to see my desert tort he was laying outside his burrow with his hole with his head limp on the floor with his eyes closed. Thinking he was dead I went over to look at him and he stood right up as if nothing happened. Is he ok? Was he just sleeping or basking in the sun or could something worse be going on?
Thank you,
Kyle

Braeden p

Pottstown PA
Hi, today when I went out to see my desert tort he was laying outside his burrow with his hole with his head limp on the floor with his eyes closed. Thinking he was dead I went over to look at him and he stood right up as if nothing happened. Is he ok? Was he just sleeping or basking in the sun or could something worse be going on?
Thank you,
Kyle
My Russians does that a lot use of stayed up partying

Sa Ga

MN
Morla scared me one night when she was chillin' in her blanket on my chest. She pulled herself out just a few inches, dropped her head into the nook of my upper arm/armpit, closed her eyes, and didn't move. She'd never done that bf (and it is still very rare--she likes to have her head burrowed usually) but it was really really cute.

Have I mentioned how much I love her? ?
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤?❤❤❤❤❤❤

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
Morla scared me one night when she was chillin' in her blanket on my chest. She pulled herself out just a few inches, dropped her head into the nook of my upper arm/armpit, closed her eyes, and didn't move. She'd never done that bf (and it is still very rare--she likes to have her head burrowed usually) but it was really really cute.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤?❤❤❤❤❤❤
Hahaha they can give you scares sometimes. ?

Chubbs the tegu

Ma

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤?❤❤❤❤❤❤
Maybe u need deodorant ?

Sa Ga

MN
Hahaha they can give you scares sometimes. ?
I'm like a new mother...Eric wants to kill me sometimes!

"She didn't poop today!"
"She is more lethargic this AM."
"Was that a sneeze I heard?"
"Does her left eye look red to you?"
Etc. Etc. Etc.

One thing that was super cute (not worrisome)... the other day after tubing her for her hydration, I was giving her a couple pats, and she burped! It was cute little "erp!"

nicoleann2214

NY
I'm like a new mother...Eric wants to kill me sometimes!

"She didn't poop today!"
"She is more lethargic this AM."
"Was that a sneeze I heard?"
"Does her left eye look red to you?"
Etc. Etc. Etc.

One thing that was super cute (not worrisome)... the other day after tubing her for her hydration, I was giving her a couple pats, and she burped! It was cute little "erp!"
@Chubbs the tegu this is me ?