Is my tortoise dead?:s

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
It could have be something it was born with or because of conditions right after hatching. When babies hatch and there is not enough humidity and instead hot dry air, it could affect their kidney development, they are so young and they are basically being desiccated when they need moist air and need to be soaked ... and that bad start in life can eventually weaken their heart. I am sure that is what I read. Very sorry. It's heart breaking, we know. Be strong. You loved your little. He knows that.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Yvonne G said:
I'm sorry to say, but I'm pretty sure your tortoise is dead. I don't mean to rag on you, when you've been trying to get ready to move, but tortoises in an indoor habitat need to be checked on every day, not every couple of days. It's different if they're outside where they can find their own food and shelter, and thermoregulate as needed, but indoors, they depend upon you for what they need.

I'm so sorry that your tortoise died. It's hard to have to go through that.
Really got to agree with Yvonne on this one.. But I too am sorry for your loss.

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
I don't want to throw gas on a fire, but how can you afford an exotics vet to make a house call and not a heat lamp? My partner is a vet and to make a house call would be on the conservative end of $150 an hour, this is not including anything but the Dr's time and that is only small animal. Exotics are way higher.
I of course am sorry for your loss, if this vet is a friend perhaps they can do a necropsy so you can get a better idea as to what may of taken his life so suddenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.