Is my tortoise dead ? Please please help me ? I'm begging please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nnnn

Location (City and/or State)
Indian Delhi
It was a brown roofed turtle and somewhere it was my fault also I must have not taken him out of water think that he wants to hibernate

SoCalGreek

Southern California
I know you are feeling very worried. We will help you. Please don’t panic. We need information before anyone can answer the question of if he is alive. He might just be too cold. Do not rush to bury him.

FIRST, put him in warm water with his head out of the water. Keep the water warm. Leave him there for the next couple hours while people here help you.

NEXT, answer these questions to get the experts here started.

1. What type of tortoise is he? How old is he? How long have you had him?
2. What is the exact name of the food he was eating before he stopped eating?
3. Post pictures of his enclosure inside the house and outside.
4. Exactly what happened? He was awake, eating, moving around one day and then, what? Give us specific information about what happened.

Ceyda

Turkey
I know you are feeling very worried. We will help you. Please don’t panic. We need information before anyone can answer the question of if he is alive. He might just be too cold. Do not rush to bury him.

FIRST, put him in warm water with his head out of the water. Keep the water warm. Leave him there for the next couple hours while people here help you.

4. Exactly what happened? He was awake, eating, moving around one day and then, what? Give us specific information about what happened.
I think you’re too late. I hope the baby is not buried alive... if not then I’m so sorry for your loss o can’t even imagine. It’s so sad

Nnnn

Indian Delhi

He was a water turtle he was a/2 year old and I had him for 6-7 months
He was eating the food in picture
Yes 3 days ago he was fine and I don't remember seeing him day before yesterday cause I was out and return home late night and yesterday noon I found him lying lifeless with shrunk eyes , a watery substance beneath him , his legs were in lock position and so rigid that if I pull them they may break , it became so light that like it was nothing in his shell I kept him for a day bt there was no movement

Nnnn

Indian Delhi
This is a joke right? Of course he's dead. Wrong environment, wrong food. Sorry, if it's true, but I can't believe you're being serious.
Yea bro I'm just a 17 year old kid and the environment I kept him in was right cause I settled it up using help from chrome

Nnnn

Indian Delhi

And wait he was not eating anything from past 1 month I even gave him lettuce/caterpillarbt he didn't eat it

Debi B

Vista
You should take him to someone who will tell you if he's a turtle or a tortoise. Sounds like responses on here identify him as a turtle. Also, check to see if there is a turtle/tortoise group near you. Yes, seriously! There is one where I live.

Nnnn

Indian Delhi
You should take him to someone who will tell you if he's a turtle or a tortoise. Sounds like responses on here identify him as a turtle. Also, check to see if there is a turtle/tortoise group near you. Yes, seriously! There is one where I live.
No I'm sure was a brown roofed turtle

tortiella

Tucson, AZ
Yea bro I'm just a 17 year old kid and the environment I kept him in was right cause I settled it up using help from chrome
Your age is not an excuse. Going on google for 5 minutes is not enough time to figure out how to take care of a living being. This death could have been avoided had you just spent more time researching and figuring out how to properly care for your turtle. I'm sorry for your loss, but it was absolutely due to improper husbandry. Please, before you get any kind of animal in the future, make sure you take your time looking for updated care information and ask questions.

Nnnn

Indian Delhi
Dude, I'm 17. Your age is not an excuse. Going on google for 5 minutes is not enough time to figure out how to take care of a living being. This death could have been avoided had you just spent more time researching and figuring out how to properly care for your turtle. I'm sorry for your loss, but it was absolutely due to improper husbandry. Please, before you get any kind of animal in the future, make sure you take your time looking for updated care information and ask questions.
Hey I made the perfect place for for his living I spent my whole day playing with him there wasn't even a hour in which I didn't looked at him I gave him lettuce, peas, turtle food, caterpillar but he was not eating anything even tho I gave him food every day and tried to feed him with my hand . He used to stay in clean water for day and at night I took him our and placed him in a box . Changed his water every 2/3 hours kept him in sunlight and whan it was cold at night I covered is body with a warm clothes (his head was out ) it was just one day I didn't looked at him and ???

Nnnn

Indian Delhi
Well thanks for the condolences
Your age is not an excuse. Going on google for 5 minutes is not enough time to figure out how to take care of a living being. This death could have been avoided had you just spent more time researching and figuring out how to properly care for your turtle. I'm sorry for your loss, but it was absolutely due to improper husbandry. Please, before you get any kind of animal in the future, make sure you take your time looking for updated care information and ask questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.