Is my enclosure good for my tortoise

Jenkins42110

5 Year Member
I dont know how old he is. he was sold to me as a red foot at the taylor reptile show but a guy named eric told me he was a yellow foot. he eats well kale, strawberries, mango, romaine, dandilion greens. his enclosure is a 20 long with a 10.0 UVB compact bulb and a 100 watt UVA bulb with a 75 watt nocternal bulb. I spray his tank down 3 times a day and feed him at 3 every day. ive only had him 5 days and he had pyramiding going on when i got him. so i was just wondering if this is a good setup, i plan onn moving to a tortoise table and an outdoor enclosure within the next few months ohh and the plate gets removed after hes done eating. please excuse the spelling errorsimage (1).jpeg image (2).jpegimage (3).jpeg image (4).jpeg image (5).jpeg image (6).jpeg image (7).jpeg image.jpeg

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
I would get/make something bigger for more walking room, but you have all the necessary stuff!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm pretty sure that's a redfoot. I'd have to see a better picture of his nose to be absolutely sure. Also, there's no pyramiding on that tortoise.

The UVB light you are using is made to be mounted horizontally (like in an aquarium hood). Mounted vertically like you have it will cause eye problems. The harmful rays are concentrated out the end of the light and cause a painful condition similar to snow blindness.

It's quite ok to feed your tortoise every day. They don't starve themselves in nature...they eat whenever they can find food, even daily.

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
The Columbian reds can be rather yellow. Here are mine side by side as you can see one is very yellow.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1400111791.024421.jpg