Is me again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Hello guys . Is me again. After a while thinking that you all were a bunch of as**oles i went to a Facebook group and most of them doesn't know sh*t about tortoise. definitely "partially" I recognized that all the tips and the "guide" is almost right and i say almost because i live in Miami FL and im not buying a $700 enclosure not even for winter . My humidity is 80% naturally. And my baby tortoise Tony lives outside. He went from 46G to 74G at the moment ,day 28 i have to weigh him again. And with a few changes and a good diet i was able to correct his pyramid .peace out ✌ and i love the forum . Tom maybe in a future if you consider that im doing right i will love to buy some Sudan from you.if you guys wanna follow him on ig and see the progress @tonymontanatortoiseoffical.

Clueless Tortoise

Raleigh, NC
Ok so I've been following the original posts that you sent, and you aren't seeming to take the members advice on keeping him indoors. Please listen to these people, who are expert tortoise owners. We want the best for your tortoise, and if it is not corrected he can, and will, die.

Florida
Ok so I've been following the original posts that you sent, and you aren't seeming to take the members advice on keeping him indoors. Please listen to these people, who are expert tortoise owners. We want the best for your tortoise, and if it is not corrected he can, and will, die.
Nah he is perfectly good with his outdoor temperature. Thanks you ✌

Clueless Tortoise

Raleigh, NC
If you are not going to take proper care of your tortoise, give him to an experienced owner who will take proper care of him. He deserves better than that. U admitted you've never had a tortoise before. What makes you think you are more knowledgeable then breeders and owners who have had multiple healthy tortoise for decades? Please listen to our advice. If you care for your tortoise and his safety and wellbeing, then u will listen to us.

Clueless Tortoise

Raleigh, NC
Its not just about the temp. There are multiple factors that go into it. Babies need to have specific needs, and if they are not met then they will get sick and can easily die. You can not rely on the weather and the sun to make sure he is okay. Not to mention predators.

Florida
I forgot how j
If you are not going to take proper care of your tortoise, give him to an experienced owner who will take proper care of him. He deserves better than that. U admitted you've never had a tortoise before. What makes you think you are more knowledgeable then breeders and owners who have had multiple healthy tortoise for decades? Please listen to our advice. If you care for your tortoise and his safety and wellbeing, then u will listen to us.
Why you said that because he isn't indoors? Isn't that same temperature and humidity what matters i live in Miami fl not in cali like you

Florida
Its not just about the temp. There are multiple factors that go into it. Babies need to have specific needs, and if they are not met then they will get sick and can easily die. You can not rely on the weather and the sun to make sure he is okay. Not to mention predators.
Let me know that specific needs so i can learn instead of judging and talking sh*it dont you think that is better teach than judge? Maybe you know something that i don't

Florida
Let me know that specific needs so i can learn instead of judging and talking sh*it dont you think that is better teach than judge? Maybe you know something that i don't
Do you actually think that my baby is exposed to predators? Like cats and animals like that ? Are you following my post or just talking sh*it for no.reason ?

Kwakin

California
Hello guys . Is me again. After a while thinking that you all were a bunch of as**oles i went to a Facebook group and most of them doesn't know sh*t about tortoise. definitely "partially" I recognized that all the tips and the "guide" is almost right and i say almost because i live in Miami FL and im not buying a $700 enclosure not even for winter . My humidity is 80% naturally. And my baby tortoise Tony lives outside. He went from 46G to 74G at the moment ,day 28 i have to weigh him again. And with a few changes and a good diet i was able to correct his pyramid .peace out ✌ and i love the forum . Tom maybe in a future if you consider that im doing right i will love to buy some Sudan from you.if you guys wanna follow him on ig and see the progress @tonymontanatortoiseoffical.
dude why is a BABY tort LIVING outside, It could get snatched by birds or flip over without you knowing. My bearded dragon and my late 1 year old Russian would be taken outside in the summer from 9am-7/8pm.

Florida
Do you actually think that my baby is exposed to predators? Like cats and animals like that ? Are you following my post or just talking sh*it for no.reason ?
Btw . Im not a experience sulcata breeder wich i been reading and auto teaching myself a lot lately but i been definitely working with turtles and different tortoises and exotic animals wich i agree that they are not sulcatas but like i said when you doesn't know something you try to learn. And i been learning a lot about what im doing with my sulcata tortoise i don't know why you are judging that why for persons like you is why i decide to leave this forum.

Florida
dude why is a BABY tort LIVING outside, It could get snatched by birds or flip over without you knowing. My bearded dragon and my late 1 year old Russian would be taken outside in the summer from 9am-7/8pm.
Dude is "outside "but with protection on his enclosure

Clueless Tortoise

Raleigh, NC
Please try not to swear. I am only trying to help. I was following your posts, and I am not judging you at all. Yes. He is exposed to predators while he is a baby. Babies are preyed apon by other animals, specifically birds. When he is older and bigger, then he can be live outside. When torts are babies, it is the most critical time of their life. They need a controlled temperatures and humidity. No one can predict when it will get cold, or if it will get too hot and they can overheat.

Florida
Please try not to swear. I am only trying to help. I was following your posts, and I am not judging you at all. Yes. He is exposed to predators while he is a baby. Babies are preyed apon by other animals, specifically birds. When he is older and bigger, then he can be live outside. When torts are babies, it is the most critical time of their life. They need a controlled temperatures and humidity. No one can predict when it will get cold, or if it will get too hot and they can overheat.
Do you know the enclosure where he is living at ?
You just suggested to give him in adoption to someone that knows. Did you think that that makes sense? It won't hurt because already read things like this before but what about first time owners that need to learn and you said something like this?

Clueless Tortoise

Raleigh, NC
Different cases Different enclosure different weather different states
But we are talking about ur situation. Yes it is different where I live, but I'm not talking about that. And wherever u live, whether it's in Florida, Asia, or Antartica for all I care, you SHOULD NOT house a baby outside. Doesn't matter if they are enclosed. We aren't here to bash you. We only want to help, but you seem to be getting aggressive with us.

Florida
But we are talking about ur situation. Yes it is different where I live, but I'm not talking about that. And wherever u live, whether it's in Florida, Asia, or Antartica for all I care, you SHOULD NOT house a baby outside. Doesn't matter if they are enclosed. We aren't here to bash you. We only want to help, but you seem to be getting aggressive with us.
You still wrong

Clueless Tortoise

Raleigh, NC
You still wrong
If you truly cared about your tortoise, then you would at least give this a try. You don't have to buy some expensive enclosure. You can make it. By what you are saying / posting, you are implying that you know more about tortoises then me and everyone on this forum. I stand by what I said. If you do not give him the proper care ( that you are now refusing to do) then you need to give him up to someone who is going to listen and take care of him properly.

Clueless Tortoise

Raleigh, NC
Helena calm down I'll talk with you again in 2 years or so follow Tony if you want to
Woooooowwww. I feel really bad for your tortoise. It breaks my heart that his owner is not going to protect him and take care of his needs. You are literally more concerned about having followers than your own tortoise's wellbeing. As much as I hate to say it, don't come crying when he dies because you had your head shoved up your butt so far that you weren't willing to take other's advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.