Is it normal that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLL

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
is it normal that one of my baby iberas take a little while to open his/her eyes in the morning after her nightly sleep? i have 2 residing in the same enclosure, and this one is a little bit smaller than the other, always has been. is that the problem? when Jem opens his or her eyes, they are not puffy at all. they are big, black, and clear. Joel on the other hand seems to open his or her eyes, way faster. Jem is the more active tortoise, though and treks all over the enclosure, on top of their log hide, under the branch, over the branch, into the food, etc etc. :)
is that why Jem doesn't gain a lot of significant weight?
and bonus question (ahaha)
is it normal for them to poop 2 times in one day? because Joel just did, and yeah. :)
should i get them a new enclosure? theirs right now is about 3 feet by 1 and a half feet :) they are only 2 inches, and they were born august 12th of this year so.. yeahh. Jem seems to be a little behind on growth Joel is about 2 and a half inches.

TLL

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
thank you guys :) i was worried it was a sign of lethargy :) check out my new thread on enclosures :)

thank you guys :) i was worried it was a sign of lethargy :) check out my new thread on enclosures :)

Status
Not open for further replies.