Is it normal for my baby sulcata to squeak/chirp? Does it mean he’s sick or worried

Location (City and/or State)
Garland
I’ve been posting a lot of questions on here recently but I’ve noticed that my baby sulcata it squeaking/ chirping. Is that normal?

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
When does it do it? Mine can bark like a dog at times especially when he's soaking.

Garland
When does it do it? Mine can bark like a dog at times especially when he's soaking.
He started doing it today out of no where. He is in his enclosure just squeaking away. There are no bubbles coming out of his nose so I don’t think it’s an respiratory infection. He’s doing it A LOT. Like every other minute.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
He started doing it today out of no where. He is in his enclosure just squeaking away. There are no bubbles coming out of his nose so I don’t think it’s an respiratory infection. He’s doing it A LOT. Like every other minute.
That can be a sign of a respiratory issue, especially for a baby. Had it been an adult, then the squeaking might have been a natural part of mating. If it's doing it a lot, best to consult a vet just to be sure. It may be nothing, but better to be on the safe side IMHO.

Garland
That can be a sign of a respiratory issue, especially for a baby. Had it been an adult, then the squeaking might have been a natural part of mating. If it's doing it a lot, best to consult a vet just to be sure. It may be nothing, but better to be on the safe side IMHO.
Agreed

Garland
Just got an appointment today for 3:30 to get him checked out. He needed to check up anyways and I would feel better having a vet looking at him