Is it late for my tortouse to hibernate

nj121

Location (City and/or State)
BELFAST
Hi I'm just wondering is it normal for tortoise to hibernate this late comin in to springing, I haven't changed anything in his routine light come one around 7 n get turned of around 7/8pm he went of food n has been just hiding out in house in cooler section of his table he's around 2 Yr old we only got him at Christmas but before this he was Eaton good diet mixed leafs dried weeds etc

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hello, and welcome to TFO!

I'm sorry your tortoise isn't feeling well, but we're going to need more information from you to try to figure out what's wrong.

First, what species of tortoise is he?

You said he lives in a tortoise table. What size is it? The light you mention...is that his basking light? Do you have UVB light on him? If so, what kind of bulb is it?

What are the temps in the table? Hot side, cool side, basking, and low at night.

Please post pictures for us. Some of your tortoise from above, from below, his head, eyes, and face. Then some of his table and the lights and equipment you use.

It would not be normal for a tortoise to start hibernating in the spring when temps are rising and days are getting longer. Did you just get him this past Christmas?

I'm sorry for so many questions, but we need to know to try to help you.

I'll be offline in a little while, so if I don't get back to you, when everyone wakes up someone will respond.