Is it ethical to be alien pets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
I don't know if you were serious or just fooling around, Tom, but here it is: Do you think it is ethical if aliens just swooped in and took us from extinction? :DThey kept us, as we keep our tortoises and other pets, in good conditions to watch us and study us, while saving us from extinction. Is that ethical? Come on, I am expecting lots of really good and creative answers on this thread. :p

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Maybe a more appropriate title would be "Reasons we need an off-topic debate section"?

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
...How do you know we aren't?? =P (That scene from MIB popped into my head) We could all be living in a locker in the subway station on some alien planet!

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
It is not, Jacqui. I am sorry, can you move it for me? I just realized that it was in an inappropriate spot. Sorry.:(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Because we all have free will, naturally we would have to say that it isn't ethical or desired by us to be captured and kept like pets. I think I've seen this on Star Trek and on The Next Generation. Data isn't even human and he objected to being 'kept'.

Status
Not open for further replies.