Is Clyde/Clydie a boy or a girl?

Farcryjj

5 Year Member
Clyde/Clydie is turning 4 years old in October and he/she is at 660 gram, 6 inches. His/her tail is pretty short and fat, which makes me think that it's a girl. But I compare its tail and the pictures in the sexing post, I'm not that sure... could someone please help me?20200822_113924.jpg20200822_112620.jpg20200822_112559.jpg

VJRDuran

Location (City and/or State)
Brooklyn Park
I've had a RT only a few months; just turned three in June... but his tail is a lot longer than Clydie. So, I'm guessing you probably have a female. But, please, don't take my word for it. See what others say.

Farcryjj

5 Year Member
I've had a RT only a few months; just turned three in June... but his tail is a lot longer than Clydie. So, I'm guessing you probably have a female. But, please, don't take my word for it. See what others say.
Thanks! I'm just not sure about his/her cloaca. Is that a slit or a flower shape? It looks like in between? @biochemnerd808

Last edited:

Farcryjj

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone! My bf says he will admit Clydie is a girl the day when he finds an egg. ?

Farcryjj

5 Year Member
Why? Where are you?
Montreal, Canada. At the time, I searched for a Russian tortoise baby for half a year to be able to find Clydie. I don't think there are many people who have a Russian tortoise at home here...
It is also rare to see a RT in petshop. I recently saw one wild caught RT selling for $600+ and a redfoot baby selling for $550+ in a big petshop.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
It happens once in a while, but its very uncommon. None of mine ever have.
One of mine did. A 10-year old female Dalmatian Hermann's tortoise laid a single egg on top of the substrate in her enclosure a month ago. I've raised her since she was 2 months old, and she's never been around another tortoise. It was quite a surprise to find!

Farcryjj

5 Year Member
One of mine did. A 10-year old female Dalmatian Hermann's tortoise laid a single egg on top of the substrate in her enclosure a month ago. I've raised her since she was 2 months old, and she's never been around another tortoise. It was quite a surprise to find!
10 years for one egg? ?
I guess I should have picked chicken as pets.:p

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Montreal, Canada. At the time, I searched for a Russian tortoise baby for half a year to be able to find Clydie. I don't think there are many people who have a Russian tortoise at home here...
It is also rare to see a RT in petshop. I recently saw one wild caught RT selling for $600+ and a redfoot baby selling for $550+ in a big petshop.
I'm so sorry...

DirtyVirty

Texas
I have a 4yo male, Yaro be his name.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1598193991626.jpg
    FB_IMG_1598193991626.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 13