Is 'Cat Grass' harmful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

callum-dixon

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Please could anyone tell me if 'Cat Grass' is harmfull to Star tortoises? :(

As i'll soon be picking my new tortoises up i'm starting to grow weeds, lettuce etc at home. I came across cat grass today and i know Indian Stars are grazers and therefore grass is vital to their diet. As i live in the UK and the weather isn't always great for these guys to be outside, i was thinking this would be a good substitute?!

Any advice as always is appreciated :)

Callum

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
What is Cat Grass? The stuff you buy at the pet store for cats to graze on? I think that is usually oat or wheat grass, and should be ok.

callum-dixon

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Laura said:
What is Cat Grass? The stuff you buy at the pet store for cats to graze on? I think that is usually oat or wheat grass, and should be ok.

Yeah thats exactly what it is - ts just wheat grass. From what i've read there are no chemicals added to it. I just wanted to double check before i fed it to them. You dont think it would cause a problem then?

AWAaviatrix

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Los Lunas, New Mexico
callum-dixon said:
Laura said:

Yeah thats exactly what it is - ts just wheat grass. From what i've read there are no chemicals added to it. I just wanted to double check before i fed it to them. You dont think it would cause a problem then?

Wheat Grass is fine. I have started adding it to my salads since it is to cold for them to go outside now.

Status
Not open for further replies.