Is anyone willing to help me get some knowledge into my head about tortoises and turtles?

PlanetGio

Location (City and/or State)
Atlanta, Ga
Is anyone willing to help me get some knowledge into my head about tortoises and turtles? I know a lot about them but not enough.

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
Is anyone willing to help me get some knowledge into my head about tortoises and turtles? I know a lot about them but not enough.
You're most welcome to our forums. Tortoises are an addicting avocation. I hope that this forum will help you select the best pet for you. You'll learn how to best care for your tortoise here as well. Welcome!

PlanetGio

Atlanta, Ga
You're most welcome to our forums. Tortoises are an addicting avocation. I hope that this forum will help you select the best pet for you. You'll learn how to best care for your tortoise here as well. Welcome!
Thank you sir;)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Go to the forum for each species and you will find pinned threads detailing care for that species. They're written by species experts working hard to correct the outdated information widely available on the internet and from pet stores and, sadly, from some breeders and vets too.

Start by reading the beginner mistakes thread
https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/

Then find the care sheet for the species you are interested in. Care of each species differs so it is important to rad the one that is relevant to you.

PlanetGio

Atlanta, Ga
Go to the forum for each species and you will find pinned threads detailing care for that species. They're written by species experts working hard to correct the outdated information widely available on the internet and from pet stores and, sadly, from some breeders and vets too.

Start by reading the beginner mistakes thread
https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/

Then find the care sheet for the species you are interested in. Care of each species differs so it is important to rad the one that is relevant to you.
Thank you;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Tell us a bit about you and where you live. Caring for tortoises differs with each geographical area.