Is anyone literally in this Facebook chat?

Joseph Flores

Location (City and/or State)
MERCEDES, TX
Okay this group chat is just wack, people have all types of questions just like here and I give them advice or the proper care and they get mad, offended, and say “google doesn’t say that” like that explains why most of the peoples sulcatas in that group chat are pyramided and it saddens me. People are saying it’s natural for sulcatas to be pyramided and that veggies is the way to go and using “my tortoise does not like grass or weeds” as an excuse to feed them fruit and pure veggies. What do I even say about the husbandry of these types of people...

Attachments

• F7736065-768E-4C40-A49C-6F4D18B992CA.jpeg
    F7736065-768E-4C40-A49C-6F4D18B992CA.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 53

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Okay this group chat is just wack, people have all types of questions just like here and I give them advice or the proper care and they get mad, offended, and say “google doesn’t say that” like that explains why most of the peoples sulcatas in that group chat are pyramided and it saddens me. People are saying it’s natural for sulcatas to be pyramided and that veggies is the way to go and using “my tortoise does not like grass or weeds” as an excuse to feed them fruit and pure veggies. What do I even say about the husbandry of these types of people...
Avoid the lunatics on the FB groups like you'd avoid someone with Covid.

harrythetortoise

Virginia
These days, it is hard to give advice to anyone, especially when they all seem to have phD in Googlelology...

Joseph Flores

MERCEDES, TX
These days, it is hard to give advice to anyone, especially when they all seem to have phD in Googlelology...
Sometimes I wish we all just left tortoises alone in their habitat because all those tortoises are getting pyramiding living in a cardboard box and these people think that their dogs or cats. I hate it when people say “my tortoise likes to eat veggies like broccoli and lettuce” like how do you even know your tortoises feelings if your not God.

harrythetortoise

Virginia
Sometimes I wish we all just left tortoises alone in their habitat because all those tortoises are getting pyramiding living in a cardboard box and these people think that their dogs or cats. I hate it when people say “my tortoise likes to eat veggies like broccoli and lettuce” like how do you even know your tortoises feelings if your not God.
True true ?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Even the tortoiseforum FB group have some whack people in it that are not members of the forum.
Best you can do is tell them the right way, suggest they lurk and/or join the forum and then let it be. They will either continue being idiots or they will read the forum and find our you were right. Just don't expect them to acknowledge they were wrong and you were right, most won't.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Even the tortoiseforum FB group have some whack people in it that are not members of the forum.
Best you can do is tell them the right way, suggest they lurk and/or join the forum and then let it be. They will either continue being idiots or they will read the forum and find our you were right. Just don't expect them to acknowledge they were wrong and you were right, most won't.
Yep.

Joseph Flores

MERCEDES, TX
I gave most of the the links to this forum but some of them told me “it’s not a company” and my God they think petco and pet smart are the kings of taking care of every animal.

Joseph Flores

MERCEDES, TX
Facebook, Twitter- more toxic than a 2 headed snake from Chernobyl.
Stay away from them- you will get better advice from a website that has not been updated since 1999 and looks like it was designed in MS paint.
I swear to God it’s things like Facebook tortoise groups that make me wanna steal their poor tortoises and give them a better home I’ll be honest

Guts

Tennessee
I made the mistake of joining that group and ooooh boy was it a mistake.

Person with a 50g yearling arguing it’s totally healthy. Two 7”+ sulcatas in a tank. Got called a smart add kid for correcting someone regarding the legality of owning sullys in the state I currently live in....that group is an absolute **** show

Joseph Flores

MERCEDES, TX
I made the mistake of joining that group and ooooh boy was it a mistake.

Person with a 50g yearling arguing it’s totally healthy. Two 7”+ sulcatas in a tank. Got called a smart add kid for correcting someone regarding the legality of owning sullys in the state I currently live in....that group is an absolute **** show
Exactly like I’m not saying I’m an expert but I atleast know the basics and morals of taking care of such a unique animal nor am
I saying I have a Phd.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I'll say this only once, please remember it: "You can't make people be smart."
It seems to me we get our quota of snot-nosed kids here who stop by to see if they can snot all over advice on TF. OTOH, English is a tough translation for many needing advice that stop by. Like others, I am not & refuse to get on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I gave most of the the links to this forum but some of them told me “it’s not a company” and my God they think petco and pet smart are the kings of taking care of every animal.
You did all you can do. I know it's hard, cuz you really want to reach in and grab them by the neck and squeeze lol. Well I do anyway. Somethings are understandable but somethings are so bad it doesn't even make sense.
All you can do is try.