Is anyone else a petty thief?

HotdogKnight

Location (City and/or State)
Southampton, UK
I've had my RT Vince nearly a month now and I can't help it, every time I go round my organic market or the local allotments, I find myself picking little flowers and stems and leaves here and there. Like stealing grapes at the supermarket.
It's a crime, I should turn myself in, but he's only little so a flower every so often can't hurt :p

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Wait !?!?
you steal grapes?

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I am guilty. I find myself picking dandelions and other weeds. The neighbor down the road actually wants me to :) that's nice he has great weeds in his yard. And no pesticides.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I'll have to say no :p
We don't have too many neighbors, and I think deliberately crossing the street to pick some flowers might look a little suspicious :D
Do you know they don't use chemicals or anything?
EDIT-Too bad, though. One of the houses here has these ENORMOUS dandelions that grow over a foot tall, and they don't care about weeds.
Tell me your secrets!! :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I can honestly say that I don't. My neighbor across the street told me last year I was welcome to take some of his oranges (his trees are right by the street), but I can't even do that. If I'm given the wrong change, I'll go back to the cashier and make it right. Even if it was only a penny.

tglazie

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, TX
I have nothing against petty thievery where weeds and other undesirable flora are concerned, but I do have serious misgivings about trespassing. I won't just walk onto another person's property and start plucking weeds, and I don't want someone looking at me cockeyed for actually having the gumption to ring their doorbell and ask.

T.G.

Yelloweyed

5 Year Member
SoCal California
I've asked my neighbors if I can take their weeds and whether they use pesticides or anything. They think I'm weird for sure but everyone has said yes! (I guess that isn't stealing though.)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I live on a 3 acre yard with a good chunk of field to the side that gets hayed for the cows across the street, so we use no pesticides or weed killer because of that before Franklin even came along. We have so many weeds at home I don't even have to consider other sources.. .and when I move out... well then i'll just go for a family visit and pick a bunch of weeds ;)

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
One time my cousin said that his neighbors asked if his huge male sulcata could "cut" their grass[emoji2]

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I have nothing against petty thievery where weeds and other undesirable flora are concerned, but I do have serious misgivings about trespassing. I won't just walk onto another person's property and start plucking weeds, and I don't want someone looking at me cockeyed for actually having the gumption to ring their doorbell and ask.

T.G.
If I can't reach it from the sidewalk I don't take it :)