Is an Article 10 only required for the UK?

• Thread starter Trudy_the_tortoise
  • Start date
T

Trudy_the_tortoise

I know that some countries need an Article and others don't. Most of the websites I visit when I search up article 10 for tortoise, In get results about the UK. Is Article 10 a law only for the UK? Searched if you needed documents to own a tortoise in Kuwait, but I found 0 results relating to what I searched. What countries require article 10? Or is it just the UK? I know that in the ME and some parts of Africa, owning a tortoise isn't strict at all.

T

Trudy_the_tortoise

Yup. Tortoises are very common to see on sale.

You can see here:

Kuwait market is where people, can sell anything from live animals to furniture.
The most common types of tortoises you can buy here are Hermann's, Greeks, and the Tuestdo species.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Article 10 refers to an Article of European Union law that has been incorporated into UK law.

It would not apply to anywhere outside the EU or UK (which has now left the EU)

You would need to look at your own national laws to find out how CITES has been incorporated into it

T

Trudy_the_tortoise

Article 10 refers to an Article of European Union law that has been incorporated into UK law.

It would not apply to anywhere outside the EU or UK (which has now left the EU)

You would need to look at your own national laws to find out how CITES has been incorporated into it

Thanks for the helpful answer.