Is a 7x2 and a half feet enclosure for indoors an okay size?

Rocky219

Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
A day or two ago some people on Tortoise forum helped me discover that my enclosure was too small. I did some research and some people said that the enclosure should be 3x6 or 4x4 or 4x8. My outside enclosure is probably 6 or 7x8 but it is too cold right now to keep him outside. The maximum I can do i s 7 by two and a half feet. Would that be okay? If not should I move his enclosure too a different room? I do not know what the minimum size is for a Hermann Tortoise who 3-4 years of age. People have many different opinions. Also I have another place in warmer weather I rent out where I have a 4x8 enclosure for him. Any responses are much appreciated.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The minimum for an adult is 4x8 feet. If this is only for colder months and he can live outside during the summer and warmer spring and fall days then the size is okay.
If you can do a bigger one then I would do it. If not maybe consider a second level.

Rocky219

Massachusetts
The minimum for an adult is 4x8 feet. If this is only for colder months and he can live outside during the summer and warmer spring and fall days then the size is okay.
If you can do a bigger one then I would do it. If not maybe consider a second level.
Okay thank you. Yes this is for the winter months. Probably where I live October through the end of March

S2G

AL
20210222_182018.jpg20210223_220436.jpgI just got a hermanns dropped in my lap roughly the same age. If it's about this size you'll be ok right now. I'm still amazed at the amount of space this thing uses. I lined a 5x4 crate I got from work. I've added a hide along with a few plants, but it'll will give you an idea of size.