Is 25 lbs stunted?

Junebugthetort

Location (City and/or State)
Los Gatos, Ca
My sulcata is 6 years old and he only weights a little over 25 lbs as of a month ago. Is that too small for a male sulcata that is six? I always see other sulcatas his age and they’re much larger in size. Ever since I have had my sulcata, he always barely grazed on grass and I think that has always been the issue for his small size. He grazes now but still don’t feel like it is enough. Thanks.

Attachments

• 7ADD392A-D697-4CEC-9CD2-5C972BEEC857.jpeg
    7ADD392A-D697-4CEC-9CD2-5C972BEEC857.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
My sulcata is 6 years old and he only weights a little over 25 lbs as of a month ago. Is that too small for a male sulcata that is six? I always see other sulcatas his age and they’re much larger in size. Ever since I have had my sulcata, he always barely grazed on grass and I think that has always been the issue for his small size. He grazes now but still don’t feel like it is enough. Thanks.
Some grow faster than that and some grow slower than that. I would not call that stunted. I've seen 3 inch six year olds. THAT I would call stunted.

I tell people to focus on health rather than growth rate. Good temps, good hydration, and good food are all more important than growth rate.

Reactions: Ink