Io and Callisto - 8 months old

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Looks like I posted one twice! Sorry. Moderator please delete the fourth (last) photo, thanks. I don't know how to.

First shot is coming out of their indoor enclosure in the morning, then being held for a close up, then in their outdoor enclosure.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I named them Io and Callisto, two of Jupiter's 4 moons. I had turtles with "sky" names too for years, Like Andromeda, Europa and Ganymede, etc.

a5fung

5 Year Member
I named them Io and Callisto, two of Jupiter's 4 moons. I had turtles with "sky" names too for years, Like Andromeda, Europa and Ganymede, etc.

Great names! My two are named Apollo and Mars .

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
I bet they love that weedy outdoor area. Have you noticed which, if any of those plants they eat?

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I bet they love that weedy outdoor area. Have you noticed which, if any of those plants they eat?
I have seen them really loving the clover, but they also will munch on the other weeds and grass that you see.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
I have seen them really loving the clover, but they also will munch on the other weeds and grass that you see.

They appear to have an almost innate knowledge or what 'weeds' to eat and what not to eat. Although there are some exotic plants and flowers that we grow that one must be very careful about (anything in the Apocynaceae, stuff like desert roses, oleander, and the like) but in general our tortoises just seem to know what's good.