introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.

liliabug

5 Year Member
RE: Welcome to TortoiseForum.org !

Hi there. I'm a new tortoise mom. I've had Bixby for 4 days now and am really excited about him. I'm really glad to have found this site, there is so much conflicting information out there about tortoise care, it'll be nice to discuss things with people who have experience.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada

Welcome to the forum And congratulations :D
I am sure you will love this forum and learn a lot.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

liliabug said:
Hi there. I'm a new tortoise mom. I've had Bixby for 4 days now and am really excited about him. I'm really glad to have found this site, there is so much conflicting information out there about tortoise care, it'll be nice to discuss things with people who have experience.

Hi Liliabug:

516841ji43jgbdan.gif

to the forum!!

Anfi

5 Year Member

Hi! I live in Russia and I've been reading this forum for several months. I've been a tortoise-fan since my childhood when I got my first 2 russian tortoises. Currently I have several tortoises and a few turtles (12 total):
-3 chelonoidis carbonaria
-4 pyxis arachnoides
-2 geochelone elegans
-2 heosemys spinosa
-1 terrapene ornata

Unfortunatelly the weather conditions don't allow me to walk outside much with my torts but I'm trying to do my best to give them as much access to the live-sun as possible and at least to provide UVB access 365 days per year.
Great to meet all of you here on tortoiseforum! :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Anfi:

733895zl8k1fkhwd.gif

to the forum!

michy1012

5 Year Member

Hi!
My name is Michelle. Live in Miami, Fl and I have a redfooted tortoise, named by my daugther Squirtle, but we call it Squirt for short. It is about 6 months old. Very excited to be here!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Michelle:

Squirtle is a pretty popular name for a tortoise. Must show up in a children's story someplace, huh?

You live in a great climate to keep redfoot tortoises.

2659817ohf0nfzscv.gif

to the forum!!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.

:cool:
Josh said:
Welcome to TortoiseForum.org. We strive to be the leader in tortoise (and turtle) discussions on the web, covering all topics as they are related to everything from the Cryptodira suborder (thats a fancy way of saying tortoises). Our forums allow for in-depth and specific discussions which can be read by tortoise enthusiasts worldwide!

Register Now (it's free!)

I am Josh. I am the site admin/moderator/what-have-you. I love learning about tortoises and currently care for 2 desert tortoise hatchlings.
Please use this space to introduce yourself (and your tortoises).

My name is Angi and I have two baby California Desert tortioses their names are Bob and Shelby. They are 3 or 4 months old and were given to me by a nieghbor that got them as new borns and didn't really want them. I took them because she was moving into a trailer and now I am obsessed with these sweet little creatures. I did not know anything about tortioses before I got the babies and am now trying to learn everything I can.
I orderd seeds and am going to start a garden for them, but for now they are eating veggies from the grocery store and hibiscus flowers from my yard. I also give them a calcium and vitamin D supliment. I am afraid that I am over feeding them. But I don't want to under feed them.
How do you know if they are bored?
Thanks,
Angi

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Chris Isom said:
Hello my names Chris
I live in Deerfield Beach Florida
I have a 1 yr sulcata named sully :)

Hi Chris:

400810t3hyvdcgln.gif

to the forum!!

How lucky you are to live in Florida! Great weather for tortoises.

Angi said:
My name is Angi and I have two baby California Desert tortioses They are 3 or 4 months old. I also give them a calcium and vitamin D supliment. I am afraid that I am over feeding them. But I don't want to under feed them.
How do you know if they are bored?
Thanks,
Angi

Hi Angi:

440724vay01mi04p.gif

to the forum!!

Desert tortoises are one of my very favorite tortoises. I don't think you have to worry about over feeding a hatchling. They seem to only eat what they need. Mine eat a bit, sleep a bit, go back and eat some more, sleep some more. I leave the food there all day long so they can go back to it throughout the day.

Don't put human feeling on baby tortoises. Tortoises don't get bored. And baby tortoises just eat and sleep. No boredom involved. When they get to be bigger and allowed to be outside in their permanent outdoor pen, then you can enrich their lives by adding interesting things to the area...large rocks they have to walk around, different bushes, lots of hiding places...and you can place the food in different locations so they have to search for it. But, even so, they don't get bored. That's a human quality.

DrM

10 Year Member!

Hi Josh,
New to the group. How do I create a signature? Don't care to re-type the following info each post.

Dr. M

1.2 Testudo graeca terrestris
2.4 Testudo hermanni boetgerri
1.0 Testudo marginata
3.5 Terrapene ornata ornata
2.3 Terrapne triunguis
3 Emys orbiculata
3 Chrysemys picta dorsalis
2 Graptemys gibbonsi

Josh said:
Welcome to TortoiseForum.org. We strive to be the leader in tortoise (and turtle) discussions on the web, covering all topics as they are related to everything from the Cryptodira suborder (thats a fancy way of saying tortoises). Our forums allow for in-depth and specific discussions which can be read by tortoise enthusiasts worldwide!

I am Josh. I am the site admin/moderator/what-have-you. I love learning about tortoises and currently care for 2 desert tortoise hatchlings.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi DrM:
566738pgtkbrurrz.gif

to the forum!!

That's quite a menagerie you have there. I was going to put it in your signature, but I see you've already figured it out.

Heavy

5 Year Member

Hi everyone!

My name is Anastasia. I'm from Kiev, Ukraine.
Actually I'm here to lern more info about my hermann's tortoise.
Now I have 5 tortoises (Agrionemys horsfieldii - 1.2.1, Testudo hermanni - 0.0.1) and 1 "guest"-turtle Emys orbicularis - 0.1 (I plan to give it a freedom by summer :) )

Glad to meet all of you here :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Anastasia:

45414zmg9lofvvj.gif

to the forum!! There's a nice care sheet here:

http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-1000.html

You have a nice sized tortoise family. I'd love to know how people in your country set them up. Can we see pictures of your habitats?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Hi Heavy! Welcome to our family. :D

tricatschool

5 Year Member

Josh said:

Thanks, Josh, et al!

I have 6 California Desert Tortoises (Gopherus agassizii): a mated pair, and four hatchlings from their first successful clutch, and which hatched this September. The adults, Bumper and Arnold (Arnold is the female! We rescued her when she was a juvenile.) are at least 45 and 35 years old. I'll be posting on the general site for some specific information about my babies.

Thanks, everyone!
Tric
Gopherus agassizii 1.1.4
Bumper, Arnold, Cincinatus, Gregor, Constant and Random

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Tric:

574126idhljxg8gb.gif

to the forum!!

Your tortoises' names are quite colorful!

Status
Not open for further replies.