Introduction

kleinmanni

Location (City and/or State)
Budapest, Hungary
View attachment 69453Hi everyone,

my name is Csaba, I live in Budapest, Hungary. I've been keeping tortoises since 2005. I concentrate on not so common species.
I'm keeping now 1.2 Testudo kleinmanni, 1.2 Testudo marginata weissingeri, 0.0.2 Astrochelys radiata, 1.0 Homopus signatus
In the past I had Geochelone elegans, Geochelone sulcata, Geochelone carbonaria, Testudo hermanni boettgeri, Testudo graeca terrestris as well.
My main focus is Madagascar and South Africa. So I'm planning to own as many Pyxis species as possible, plus Psammobates and Homopus species.
Now I'm in a progress of writing a book about tortoises as for more than 20 years there were no books published in this subject.

I like preparing enclosures that are similar to the nature habitat, with many live plants in it.
I attached some photos of my enclosures and about my animals.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me! :)
View attachment 69453View attachment 69454View attachment 69455View attachment 69456View attachment 69457

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! of all the tortoises you have worked with, with type has been you favorite and why?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Csaba:

Welcome to the Forum!!

I'm sorry that your photos didn't post correctly. I'm interested in seeing habitats that people from other countries than mine have their tortoises in. I hope you will try to post them again. Some of us use either Photobucket.com or tinypic.com. Both are free. You put your pictures in your account there, then copy/paste the

kleinmanni

Budapest, Hungary
Yvonne G said:
Hi Csaba:

Welcome to the Forum!!

I'm sorry that your photos didn't post correctly. I'm interested in seeing habitats that people from other countries than mine have their tortoises in. I hope you will try to post them again. Some of us use either Photobucket.com or tinypic.com. Both are free. You put your pictures in your account there, then copy/paste the code from there to here.
[/quote]

Hi Yvonne,
I took your advice and started to use Photobucket! :) Hope you can see my photos now, including the enclosures. I took these photos 3 months ago, now there are slight changes (more plants and upgraded lights e.g. for the kleinmannis) in them but gives you the feeling of my enclosures. All built by myself as I don't like commercial stuff.
I will get one or two pyxis this year, so I will make a pyxis enclosure as well.
And here are the photos, hope you like them:
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s53/kleinmanni/179063_10151328073011817_816209867_n_zps80911373.jpg
homopus_zpsae892a33.jpg

terraacuterium3_zpsc33042b3.jpg

terraacuterium2_zps122f347e.jpg

IMAG0097_zpse3cf0d59.jpg

weissingeri_zpse7698b19.jpg

radiata_zpsaa99063d.jpg

terraacuterium_zps6ab82ceb.jpg

418911_10151011175866817_601633579_n_zps3af20385.jpg

kleinmanni

Budapest, Hungary
Jacqui said:
Hi and welcome! of all the tortoises you have worked with, with type has been you favorite and why?
Hi Jacqui!
My favourites are the kleinmannis. They were my dream animals but I cannot tell you why! But I also like the radiatas as I think they are one of the most beautiful tortoises. Anyway I love and loved all my animals for different reasons (different behaviour, habitat, needs etc.)
When I'll have a house with a big garden, I will keep a group of radiata out there for sure! :)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Welcome.

Your pictures should work now.

apromann4

5 Year Member
philippines
Welcome to the forum, i love your tortoise collection, i envy i can't have to many tortoise

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:) I simply adore the face in that second photo!

kleinmanni

Budapest, Hungary
Jacqui said:
He is cute and he has a great personality. He is interested in everything so it is really hard to e.g. take a photo of him as he jumps to the camera and tries to taste it! :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
kleinmanni said:
Jacqui said:
He is cute and he has a great personality. He is interested in everything so it is really hard to e.g. take a photo of him as he jumps to the camera and tries to taste it! :)

:D How long have you had him?

kleinmanni

Budapest, Hungary
apromann4 said:
Welcome to the forum, i love your tortoise collection, i envy i can't have to many tortoise

Hello and thank you! Why cant you have many tortoise? At the beginning I had only a pair of Hermann's tortoise (the eastern form, T. hermanni boettgeri).
Than after a few years I collected money plus I sold the boettgeris and could buy the carbonarias. Than with the elegans and sulcata and the terrestris, than the kleinmannis. It is a long journey but we have to have patience for these animals! Plus we have to make our wife/girlfriend accept our hobby :)

Jacqui said:
kleinmanni said:
Jacqui said:

:D How long have you had him?
for a year now! :) A fully adult male with 3,07 ounce :)

apromann4

5 Year Member
philippines
I only have a small space, our apartment is just 33sqr, in our country its very hard to get tortoise, only redfoot and sulcata are commonly sold here but only around 3 times a year only.... Most of the time their are no tortoise for sale here..and tortoise here is very very expensive for a normal employee here, most people who owns tortoises here are tje rich bussinessman, ordinary employee like me will take a lot of time to save money, and also when there a tort available the rich guys grab and buy most of them

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi Csaba, and welcome to the forum. Your collection and setup are great! I'm only concerned with humidity levels for the sulcatas. With the open top, any humidity and heat can quickly escape. If humidity levels for sulcatas are not at least 80%, there's a danger of their carapace pyrimiding. Also, in Budapest, how much time in the real sun do your torts get? By the way, your torts are just amazing!