Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcollins6

5 Year Member
1342213443-5142-imagejpeg_0.jpg

Hello everybody. I have been around the tortoise forum for awhile now, but I just watched from afar. I figured its time to be active in it since this has become my internet pastime.
I live in west/ central Texas where its very hot and dry. I currently own 2 leopards (g.p.b.) one is ~6.5 in and 460 grams. about 5 years old. the other leopard is from elliot here on the forums and is 72 grams and about 4-5 months.
My smaller sulcata is about 200 grams and a year and half old. my bigger sulcata is somewhere around 15-18 lbs and 10 years old.
I base my care around as big as an outside enclosure as I can provide so they have free range of grazing/ exercise and natural sunlight. I feed different greens/vegetables daily for treats and to add stuff to their normal grass.

names - bigger leo appears to be female so she is miss liberty (when i get a counterpart to her it will be named captain america and all their offspring will be named freedom)
smaller leo is named keikay. I actually bought it as a b-day gift for my girlfriend and she loves it but I am the care giver for now.
smaller sullcata is Big Tex. I have had him since a few weeks old and have had him longer than the others
bigger sulcata is omega-1.

i also have a veiled chameleon named peeve. (he's my pet peeve)
and a ball python named monty (like monty python)

I am very passionate about my reptiles and still have a few more species I want as soon as I get the funds haha.
I am currently making accomodations for a M.E.P. because after reading y'alls threads, I feel like I cannot continue my tortoise collection without a Manouria species.

I tried to attach pics of my current but i dunno if they went through.

Attachments

• another tortoisie family pic.jpg
    another tortoisie family pic.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome, mcollins6! Glad to have you finally join up.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome.:) you do know right, that species should not be mixed.

BTW nice torts

mcollins6

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Hello and Welcome.:) you do know right, that species should not be mixed.

BTW nice torts

They aren't housed mixed. I just occasionally have a family meal haha

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
Welcome :)
I really like your Pardalis (the bigger with light colors)

Status
Not open for further replies.