introduction

Helen Franks

Hello everyone. My name is Helen & I live in Yorkshire, England. I am new to the forum but not to tortoise keeping. I have 7 Mediterranean spur thighs, all girls & one male Leopard. Lenny (the Leopard) is 7 years old and I've had him for 8 months. His previous mummy moved to a house without a garden & so he lived in the kitchen. She felt this wasn't fair for him & I offered to take him in but only after 2 months of remodelling my shed & garden to accommodate him properly.
My garden is now split in two, one third for Lenny & 2 thirds for the meds. My girls are Scutes aged 7, Cara 5, Freda 5, May 3, Hammy 3, Clarky 3 and Tiny who's just 2. Tiny still lives in a viv inside & goes out into a covered pen in the garden on sunny days. The other girls all live together in half of the shed with access to their half of the garden whenever they like.
I am a member of the British Tortoise Society & love helping out at their meetings. They are held twice a year, the next one is on Sunday 23rd April. Everyone is welcome & we give free health checks to any torts brought along. If anyone reading this is local enough to pop along message me for details.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome from Central California!