Introduction

Thelolagirl

Hello! I recently adopted my first Russian Tortoise. Her previous owner wasn't sure of her age but thought she could be 15 years old or so. We named her Luna. I have been learning so much and am excited to be a part of this forum! Winters are cold here. I am interested in learning how to keep her diet balanced during the winter months and would also like to build a larger enclosure for indoors as well as a safe outdoor enclosure this spring/summer. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1480143954.827654.jpg

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Thelolagirl

Hi thanks everyone! Yes I think her beak probably needs a trim. I've been feeding her food on a flat,rough rock and also got her a calcium block and will see if she likes that (I've heard mixed reviews as some tortoises won't touch their blocks). I will have to take her for a check up and maybe the vet will trim her beak. I've had her for less than two weeks so far but have been reading a lot and learning so much from experienced tortoise enthusiasts like you all! Best regards to you and thank you for the links!