Introduction

Laura Wegeman

Hi Everyone, I'm excited to be a new member as I can see that you all offer such helpful information for anyone who desires to provide the best conditions for their tortoises. I have a Russian Tortoise named Titus that I got a few years back from a teenager who tired of him after five years. I also have a new addition, my little 5 and a half month old hatchling Moxie, who is a redfooted tortoise that I got a few weeks ago. I've been working on getting a better set up for Moxie as her conditions are a little more needy than Titus's and that is going to be our weekend project. I will post pictures when we are done and would love everyone's input. I will not take offense if anyone tries to correct me, in fact I will welcome it as I desire to provide the best I can for my little ones. Looking forward to getting to know you all and seeing pictures of your precious ones too. We live in Lincoln DE. :)

Laura Wegeman

Thank you for your warm welcome, and my sister Barb and her family live in the Phoenix area as well. They moved there about 20 years ago now; time does fly by so quickly. It's a beautiful state, especially the Sedona area. :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Hello Laura and welcome to the forum. Congrats to your new addition.

Looking forward to your update for the new enclosure you are going to build. Keep us posted.

Welcome.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Thank you for your warm welcome, and my sister Barb and her family live in the Phoenix area as well. They moved there about 20 years ago now; time does fly by so quickly. It's a beautiful state, especially the Sedona area. :)
I moved here from Michigan about 30 years ago . It's Tortoise Heaven ! No typhoons like Florida . No tornados like Texas .

Laura Wegeman

I moved here from Michigan about 30 years ago . It's Tortoise Heaven ! No typhoons like Florida . No tornados like Texas .
Yes, Arizona is perfect for tortoises. :) My sister's children own tortoises too and they are able to keep them out year round unlike me. :( So I have to go overboard to compensate for them having to stay inside all winter by trying to give them the best set up I can inside.