introduction

vic1711

Location (City and/or State)
PA
Hi... Lifetime turtle/tortoise lover. The past 20 years I've pretty much settled on strictly torts.
I have a breeding pair of pancakes. I'm very casual about the egg thing.. I used to stress and incubate, research, freak out. And i would lose eggs and babies for no reason.
My female doesn't bury, so i just put the eggs in a deli cup on whatever she laid it on... And about 9-11 months later, they hatch. Lol. And the babies do great. Sex is random. I have a baby from 2013 (i broke the last egg moving) he's doing well.
I have a leopard, female around 16 years old? She thinks she's a cat. She likes to wander the house. It's a challenge to clean up after her.
I had successfully bred Egyptians in the past and lost them to theft. So i was excited to get the three new babies this past summer. I'm pretty sure it's going to come out two females/1 male. I'm really pleased w them. All my torts are CB and have been w me since hatch.
Also have a Pomeranian and a blood python.
South east PA.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hi... Lifetime turtle/tortoise lover. The past 20 years I've pretty much settled on strictly torts.
I have a breeding pair of pancakes. I'm very casual about the egg thing.. I used to stress and incubate, research, freak out. And i would lose eggs and babies for no reason.
My female doesn't bury, so i just put the eggs in a deli cup on whatever she laid it on... And about 9-11 months later, they hatch. Lol. And the babies do great. Sex is random. I have a baby from 2013 (i broke the last egg moving) he's doing well.
I have a leopard, female around 16 years old? She thinks she's a cat. She likes to wander the house. It's a challenge to clean up after her.
I had successfully bred Egyptians in the past and lost them to theft. So i was excited to get the three new babies this past summer. I'm pretty sure it's going to come out two females/1 male. I'm really pleased w them. All my torts are CB and have been w me since hatch.
Also have a Pomeranian and a blood python.
South east PA.

Sweet....welcome to the Forum....

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Vic welcome to the TFO from AZ . Torts rule ! How does your family like your collection ? I too have had reptile most of my life .

vic1711

PA
Hello Vic welcome to the TFO from AZ . Torts rule ! How does your family like your collection ? I too have had reptile most of my life .

You know- when I was a kid - I was the girl in the ponds and they all just ignored me. I was lucky with my parents- they didn't care- I once brought home a whole nest or baby rattlers from camp. Which all escaped (duh). I'm surprised any animals lived without the internet!!!

I come with my shelled ones. It's just a fact. Three husbands have come and gone, but the torts remain!!! LOL!!!
Hi to everyone. What a nice site. :)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Vic
I know what you mean 3 wives have come and gone but the torts still stay . I have Leopards , marginals , Russians , Greeks , DT s , Hermanns , Pancakes , Egyptions , 3Toe boxs , Ornates , Res, Cooters , painted , false maps !

vic1711

PA
Vic
I know what you mean 3 wives have come and gone but the torts still stay . I have Leopards , marginals , Russians , Greeks , DT s , Hermanns , Pancakes , Egyptions , 3Toe boxs , Ornates , Res, Cooters , painted , false maps !

vic1711

PA
Lol. It is what it is. You aquire a tortoise... It's a lifetime thing.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
I'm still on my first marriage after 34 years, 36 years together. My oldest box turtle has been with me over 38 years. I guess I don't like change... or I'm very tenacious. Dogs, now, I can measure out my life in dogs' lives over the years: the shepherds, the labs, the terrier mixes - Happy, Cotton, Owlsley, Corey, Hecate, Sasha, Gypsy, Roshi, Barron, and now Brodie. Even when they live 15 years, it is all too short and heartbreaking.

vic1711

PA
I'm still on my first marriage after 34 years, 36 years together. My oldest box turtle has been with me over 38 years. I guess I don't like change... or I'm very tenacious. Dogs, now, I can measure out my life in dogs' lives over the years: the shepherds, the labs, the terrier mixes - Happy, Cotton, Owlsley, Corey, Hecate, Sasha, Gypsy, Roshi, Barron, and now Brodie. Even when they live 15 years, it is all too short and heartbreaking.

Good on you!! I'm pretty sure it's me. LOL. I'm best with animals. LOL Omg- tell me. Lost my last doggie in March. I couldn't stand it anymore and got Eddie this month. I've always had a dog and usually 2-3 cats. No cats right now either.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
I've had cats most of my adult life. The latest, whom we've had for the last three years, is the reason the indoor and outdoor tortoise habitats are covered.

vic1711

PA
I've had cats most of my adult life. The latest, whom we've had for the last three years, is the reason the indoor and outdoor tortoise habitats are covered.
I have some HILARIOUS pictures when my daughters cats met my torts. Must find them. My last Pom- what with being raised basically as a furred tortoise.. he really thought he liked vegetables. His fav was Okra. That dog would do about anything for Okra. We were visiting a daughter in :LA and I was feeding her iguana. Big cage- like step in- wasn't thinking- put the food down (contained OKra) and next thing- I had a full-on Pomeranian- adult male Iguana match over okra. It was tough to stop laughing long enough to save my dog from the tail o'hell. Omg was that hilarious, I'm like Dude. That's lettuce. He used to eat green beans right off the plant in the garden. God I miss him. :(