Introducing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
...Emrys!

Here he is. My new family member. A gorgeous Eastern Hermann's.

Emrys5.jpg

Thank you to all who've taught me so far, and to all who will in future. Hopefully, this is the start of a lifelong companionship.

Emrys3.jpg

I had the choice of THHs and THBs, both were available in the shop, but thanks to HermanniChris' excellent threads comparing the two I knew I wanted a THB and went in well-informed. I was also able to sex the tortoise thanks to experience on this forum, and chose my favourite out of the four THBs on offer (I specifically wanted one with dull colour).

Emrys2.jpg

Emrys made a mess pretty fast. Didn't think he'd manage quite so quickly. He threw moss in his water and soaked it all up, and he trampled the plant I'd tried growing for him. He ate cuttlefish for about an hour - including eating from my hand - but didn't touch the strawberries I tried to provide as a moving-in treat. He's on to weeds tomorrow

Emrys4.jpg

He gave up and went to his hide at 5pm and fell asleep. Going to check on him again later, but he seems happy and settled already.

Emrys1.jpg

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Bangkok
Dull Color? I think his color is amazing!!
Oh, he's so cute! How big is he?

Congratulations! Finally you got your pet. :) Looking forward to more pictures in the future. Yey!
Exciting!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Sky2Mina said:
Dull Color? I think his color is amazing!!
Oh, he's so cute! How big is he?

Congratulations! Finally you got your pet. :) Looking forward to more pictures in the future. Yey!
Exciting!

I wanted as little black/pattern as possible. His viv-mates were all a lot more patterned, and of course the THHs even more so, but he was lighter. I fell in love with him straight away!

The picture in my signature leads through to his blog, now, with a description of our first day together. :)

Not sure on his size exactly yet.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Thank you, all! Looking forward to sharing stories in the future, instead of just watching them!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love it when new tortoises seem well-adjusted right out of the gate. Beautiful tortoise. Congratulations.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
emysemys said:
I love it when new tortoises seem well-adjusted right out of the gate. Beautiful tortoise. Congratulations.

I agree with this it is nice to see them warm up to you soo fast! :) thats' what tiago did!

C

Claireabbo

she doesnt have dull color! :D she is beautiful! :D i love the name :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I don't have any hermanns, but just wanted to say how nice he looks, and what a wonderful home I think he'll have with you. I love it when people do their research, and I know you will have many happy years together. He's precious.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Very nice looker!

l4dyamethyst2011 I made you a new thread under the Hermann section called something like "Pansies, petunias, and hibernation."

Status
Not open for further replies.