Introducing Dover, my new hermann's hatchling

Jami

Hi everyone! Thanks for always responding to my multitude of questions. Here is my gorgeous new hatchling, named Dover. I love this little creature. When my first hatchling got so sick (mystery infection) and died I was devastated. But Tyler & Sarah of Tortoise Supply sent me this little guy so I could try again. I think Dover is lovely. I will be posting questions about moisture in a post later tonight, but for now I just have an introduction. Thanks!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Hgarrity

5 Year Member
So cute! I got my hatchling about the same time you got your first one. It was so sad to read about him becoming sick and eventually dying. I'm so happy you got this new little guy! I'm sure you are excited. Looks like he is beautiful and healthy!

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
That is a perfect looking baby and good job on getting your enclosure ready! You could prop plant some cat grass in there. They sell it at petstores and some grocery. He won't eat but will prob hide in it. The tortoise seed mix tortoisesupply sells grows really fast too.

Jami

So cute! I got my hatchling about the same time you got your first one. It was so sad to read about him becoming sick and eventually dying. I'm so happy you got this new little guy! I'm sure you are excited. Looks like he is beautiful and healthy!
Thank you so much. They did a wonderful sweet thing sending me this one. He's gorgeous. I hope I can keep him going strong! Thanks again. :)

Jami

That is a perfect looking baby and good job on getting your enclosure ready! You could prop plant some cat grass in there. They sell it at petstores and some grocery. He won't eat but will prob hide in it. The tortoise seed mix tortoisesupply sells grows really fast too.
Ok, thanks for telling me that. I was worried about fertilizers, etc. but I'll try the cat grass maybe. I asked you in my other response about your plants from your yard. I'm thinking I can start there and in the meantime grow and repot some other things. Thanks again! :)