Introducing Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryantcarter

5 Year Member
Hi Ladies and Gents,

Thought this forum category would be the best place to introduce you to Barry.

image-2102147668.png

image-4204785801.png

Barry is a 6 month old RT who I hope to spend many happy years with. I'm located in the UK (northeast) so Barry will be indoors most of the time as our summer months are just about basking temperatures.

I've been reading about torts for months an finally took the plunge and got Barry a few days ago. I'm experimenting with his substrate as he didn't seem to like the topsoil/sand mix I had on offer - he seems to like the beech chips I've got him on now and digs around in the corners. Plus the store where I purchased him from had him on the chips, I figured I'd not stress him out too much.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions but I see the community here is really good so I know I'm I'm good hands.

Cheers Guys.

Ryan

ryantcarter

5 Year Member
Hi jacqui,

Yes, sorry my name is Ryan. I actually didn't think this thread had posted so I've just wrote another which is a little more detailed! Maybe I should have this one deleted or merged with the other.

This is my first Tortoise yes. Everything is playing on my mind at the minute but I'm sure with everyone's guidance I'll relax soon and start enjoying Barry rather than worrying about him! Haha

Sorry guys! First post and I'm causing chaos.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
ryantcarter said:
Hi jacqui,

Yes, sorry my name is Ryan. I actually didn't think this thread had posted so I've just wrote another which is a little more detailed! Maybe I should have this one deleted or merged with the other.

This is my first Tortoise yes. Everything is playing on my mind at the minute but I'm sure with everyone's guidance I'll relax soon and start enjoying Barry rather than worrying about him! Haha

Sorry guys! First post and I'm causing chaos.

That's okay, I merged them for you. :D Chaos can make life more fun. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Ryan:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

ryantcarter

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
That's what I am here for! So is he your first tortoise?

Yeah he's my first Jacqui, I have a friend also with a Horsfield and that's where it all started!

I've also been meaning to ask. What are the numbers I keep seeing in people's signatures? Sorry if that's a daft question! :S

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
ryantcarter said:
Yeah he's my first Jacqui, I have a friend also with a Horsfield and that's where it all started!

I've also been meaning to ask. What are the numbers I keep seeing in people's signatures? Sorry if that's a daft question! :S

Sounds like a great friend! :D

Hallbomber

5 Year Member
Southern California
Welcome!! I would be careful with wood chips as a substrate. I personally only use edible materials such as Timothy Hay chopped up. If your tort gets curious and eats a small chip of wood it can be quite hazardous.

Status
Not open for further replies.