intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annimule

5 Year Member

Hi, My name is Ann. I live in NH, USA and run a non profit donkey and mule rescue.(www.saveyourassrescue.org) Due to the busy nature of the rescue I quit my job of veterinary technician after 35 years of it, last year. I live with my husband and an assortment of animals, including a red eared slider. I am interested in purchasing a baby eastern box turtle. I have been doing a lot of reading about them and have purchased housing and lighting and now am ready to try to find one. I am hoping someone on this forum might be able to suggest a reputable source. I look forward to learning more and sharing with others here.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Ann:

Welcome to the Forum!!

Before you even think about getting an eastern box turtle, check out your state's laws on box turtles. The eastern box turtle is protected in some of the eastern states and I'd hate to see you get into trouble over it.

Take a look through our "sold" section and make a note of usernames of folks who have sold the turtles in the past. Then you can contact them and see if they're going to have any for sale in the future.

Annimule

5 Year Member
Thank you very much Yvonne! Well, so much for getting an Eastern Box Turtle. It is not legal to have one in NH. I want a box turtle and to be honest my choice was pretty much financial <G> Might you or anyone else here have a good suggestion for a box turtle for a pet? Thank you in advance.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Hello and welcome. I too am the director of a non-profit. Except we don't have donkies just torts,turtles, and birds. Welcome to the forum.

Annimule

5 Year Member
tortadise said:
Hello and welcome. I too am the director of a non-profit. Except we don't have donkies just torts,turtles, and birds. Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for the welcome. Good for you running a non profit...never a dull moment! Do you have a website?
Thanks for the welcomes! Running a non profit is a job and a half isnt it? Do you have a website?
Wow - 84!!!!! Good on you!

Annimule

5 Year Member
Thank you all for the warm welcome! So....what is an affordable turtle/tortoise that is legal to own in NH???

Status
Not open for further replies.