Intro clarkrw3

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkrw3

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tempe, AZ
Hello Tortoise Forum. I would like to introduce myself. My name is Rob and I am an active member of several other Herp sights but am new to TortoiseForum. I am a Dentist by trade in the Phoenix area. I have always been interested in reptiles and over the years have had many different types. After taking a break from reptiles while in college and grad school, I started getting into Chameleons. I now keep a number of different locals of Panther Chameleons and 8 or so Crested Geckos. I have a reptile room in the house that allows me to keep the humidity up for the chams and geckos and keep the temps day and night where I feel they need to be.
This brings me to Tortoises. I had a tortoise when I was a child and am very ashamed to say that while it was hibernating my parents placed it in the garage and it never woke up. This was upsetting enough that I haven't had a turtle/tortoise since (these being my first love). My daughter has been on a tortoise band wagon for a very long time and no amount of lizard will help :rolleyes: So the plan at this point is to get a Pardalis for her for Christmas. I will be totally responsible for setup and upkeep I am sure which is fine with me, but it will her baby;).

I have enjoyed learning from this forum very much. I have been reading up for quite some time before joining. I am a firm believer in doing your research before making a new species a part of your family. I look forward to all the things I am sure I will learn in the future about these great animals.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome glad to have you aboard
I think panther chameleons are the best looking ones.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Welcome to the forum, Rob! Sounds like you have an amazing collection of reptiles! :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Rob and welcome! You give my kind of gifts. Would you be interested in adopting another daughter... atleast until you hand out the Christmas gifts? :D I hope you share pictures of your other critters in the section for them, as I would enjoy seeing them and I am sure so would others.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Rob:

What a nice introductory post! I feel as if I know you now. (Plus, my BOT side doesn't have to ask your name and location!! :p ) Its good that you have done your research. You said you are thinking about a "pardalis." Does that mean pardalis babcocki or pardalis pardalis? I think Tom might be having some pardalis pardalis babies for sale. Since you've been a lurker, I'm sure you know that his username is "Tom."

clarkrw3

10 Year Member!
Tempe, AZ
emysemys said:
Hi Rob:

What a nice introductory post! I feel as if I know you now. (Plus, my BOT side doesn't have to ask your name and location!! :p ) Its good that you have done your research. You said you are thinking about a "pardalis." Does that mean pardalis babcocki or pardalis pardalis? I think Tom might be having some pardalis pardalis babies for sale. Since you've been a lurker, I'm sure you know that his username is "Tom."

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I am hoping to get a pardalis pardalis and I have been in contact with "experts" on the board ;)

I will try to get up some pictures of my other reptile babies soon:D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

Haha. You just like Pardalis because of the name!!! You chameleon keeper you. :) I love the panthers too. Meller's are my favorite, but panther's are a very close second.

Yes I do still have some pardalis pardalis hatchlings for sale. I still want to hold them for another week or two though. I've got lots of Blaptica dubia too!

Status
Not open for further replies.