Internet sites for hatchling Russians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mittanv

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Baton Rouge, LA
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum and looking to become a Mommy to a baby Russian. I'd really like to avoid buying a WC from a pet store, but don't have a good way to gauge internet sites, and haven't been able to find a private breeder with hatchlings available.

Does anyone have any feedback (looking for both good and bad) about the various internet sites out there?

Thanks a bunch!

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
If you don't mind waiting a month or two or so, there should be a bunch of hatchlings HERE on the forum, in the classifieds section. I know there are several reputable breeders on here, and their prices are very competitive in comparison to most 'store'-type sites.

Right now a lot of the RT Mommas are still hibernating, so that's why there aren't a lot of hatchlings. But be patient, you'll be able to get a nice healthy, fat little one soon if you can wait!

Good luck!

mittanv said:
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum and looking to become a Mommy to a baby Russian. I'd really like to avoid buying a WC from a pet store, but don't have a good way to gauge internet sites, and haven't been able to find a private breeder with hatchlings available.

Does anyone have any feedback (looking for both good and bad) about the various internet sites out there?

Thanks a bunch!

mittanv

5 Year Member
Baton Rouge, LA
Thanks for the responses! I would much rather buy from a reputable breeder and be sure of a healthy and happy tort, so I will do my best to be patient! Though patience is not one of my virtues!

To bide the time, I'll start working up plans for the little guy's outdoor enclosure. Should be warm and sunny in another couple months here in Louisiana! :)

jwhite

5 Year Member
west milwaukee,wi
mittanv, I currently have 2 hatchlings available. It is kind of cold up here right now so shipping might be an issue, but if you are interested i could get some pics of them.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.