Status
Not open for further replies.

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Walnut Creek, Ca
Tom said:
littlestella said:
There's some information that can be left out when talking to these companies, my pet list is one of them regardless of their questions. Maybe that's just me. Personally my mouse if more ferocious then my tortoise.

Yes but you risk not being covered should something happen.

For a tortoise? Or a mean mouse? I doubt it, but I guess that's a risk I would take.

Sent from my iPhone using TortoiseForum mobile app

7oasty23

5 Year Member
littlestella said:
Tom said:
littlestella said:
There's some information that can be left out when talking to these companies, my pet list is one of them regardless of their questions. Maybe that's just me. Personally my mouse if more ferocious then my tortoise.

For a tortoise? Or a mean mouse? I doubt it, but I guess that's a risk I would take.

I think what he meant is that if something happened, and the insurance company found out you withheld information, then they wouldn't cover you. They'll do anything to get out of paying you.

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
If I was the insurance company I'd worry more about my husband bitting someone more then a tortoise, but they don't ask that question do they?

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Hi all, I read this thread and questioned a buddy of mine who owns a fairly large insurance firm, he told me the reasoning behind it is 2 parts. the first part being that some insurance companies just bundle in all reptiles into one category. The second being that some tortoises have apparently caused damage to some owners homes, an example he gave is someone once had a large tortoise (i assumed a sulcata, but he said it was non descript of the exact species) that burrowed down into the foundation of the house. It seemed like an extreme example to me but then again we know how insurance companies can be. Thought it was interesting.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

ra94131

5 Year Member
Colorado
Tom said:
littlestella said:

This is very, very true. Not disclosing something like that is grounds to not be covered, especially if (however unlikely) the loss was in any way related to the animals. (Possible examples might be a house fire caused by reptile heat/light or a child's parents suing over an animal bite.)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Good discussion, I can see where the insurance agency is coming from bow. Glad you were able to find coverage.

Lannen

5 Year Member
There could be more to this then you realize...

Screen Shot 2013-07-13 at 6.38.52 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.