Inspiration from other Tort owners

Location (City and/or State)
Manchester
Hiya guys!

So my little Tort is extremely active, so active infact that I feel like he has gotten to the stage where he has explored most of his enclosure and starting to get bored.

I decided to extend his enclosure, I was going to wait until he was older because of his size, but he loves to forage for his food around the enclosure so I feel he would really benefit from it. I was wondering if you guys had any pictures of your enclosures for inspiration? Or even just some tips and ideas for ways to keep him occupied and mentally stimulated throughout the day.

Thanks!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I do not believe that tortoises need any kind of stimulation. Here are 2 of my tort tables. They have basking lights and che's, hides and good substrate. All my box turtles go outside with weather permitting. Here are 2 of my tort tables Both are 5'x2.5'
100_6377.JPG
This one has lids...and a Plexiglas front
100_6374.JPG

Manchester
I do not believe that tortoises need any kind of stimulation. Here are 2 of my tort tables. They have basking lights and che's, hides and good substrate. All my box turtles go outside with weather permitting. Here are 2 of my tort tables Both are 5'x2.5'
View attachment 318451
This one has lids...and a Plexiglas front
View attachment 318453
Ah, well I think it’s always good to give every animal something to do, especially a species as intelligent as torts ? Love your enclosure! I definitely think I’ll have a look into plexiglass?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
All mine are outside. There's a fence that does nothing but act as a sight barrier in Dudley's yard and in the Manourias' rain forest, but otherwise, it's just the yards' large sizes that make it interesting for them.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Mine are also outside.
There are pools, places to hide. A beach ball, some butt scrubbing brushes attached to the walls, some overgrown plants and an overhead rain system.
Are you able to make and use an outdoor pen for part of the year?

Manchester
Mine are also outside.
There are pools, places to hide. A beach ball, some butt scrubbing brushes attached to the walls, some overgrown plants and an overhead rain system.
Are you able to make and use an outdoor pen for part of the year?

"Butt scrubbing bushes" ? Thanks for the inspo! Stomping on bushes seems to be his favourite activity so I'll look into more plants.

I plan on building him an outdoor enclosure in the summer months for sure, atleast for some part of the day. I was planning on converting some sort of rabbit hutch etc with a run attached.